Surfside Shark Bites
Week of May 22-26
A Note From Principal Frandsen
Happy Friday, Surfside!
What a great week! There were a number of fun events that showed off the talent and skills of our Surfside students.
One highlight was the fantastic "art walk" supported by a host of Surfside staff and featuring the artwork (all grade levels) and singing performances of our students. It was great to have our families, district leaders, and community members celebrate this event with us.
Another event, the OUSD CTE Spring Exhibition on Thursday night, featured students from Surfside's Hospitality dual enrollment class who facilitated the food service. The event was a huge success, the service was phenomenal.
Finally, our promotion and graduation events are right around the corner. We are looking forward to celebrating the accomplishments of our Sharks.
Have a great weekend!
Graduates - Important Dates to Remember
**Come pick up your cap & gown, tickets and clear your student account. BBQ and games!
**Your account MUST be clear in order to receive tickets and cap & gown. Any requests for handicap parking will be included in your checkout materials.
Tuesday June 13 - checkout continued 1-3pm
Wednesday June 14 - checkout continued 8-10am
Wednesday June 14 - Mandatory graduation rehearsal 2:15pm
Thursday June 15 - GRADUATION!!! 2pm, Surfside field. Ticket required for entrance. Students please arrive by 1:30pm in your cap & gown for lineup.
Friday June 16 - Diploma pickup 8am - 3pm
**Diplomas can also be picked up through out the summer in the front office.
Clearing Your Student Account
Parents of Graduates
All graduates will be given 6 tickets for graduation. Handicap parking is limited and you will need a pass. Please make sure you fill out the above survey to get one.
If you have any questions about graduation please contact Surfside at 760-901-8600
- FREE Online Tutoring for all students 24/7: Brainfuse Help Now is ready to assist students with live tutors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! This is a FREE online tutoring service funded through the state of California for students of all ages. For immediate access to a live 1:1 tutor, enter as a guest. Or, for more functionality, students can enter through our local library's portal by selecting "Oceanside Public Library Help Now" from the drop down menu. For more information, check out the Brainfuse Help Now website.
- Care Solace: We believe that mental health and personal well-being is a vital part to your student’s success at school. With this in mind, we have partnered with Care Solace to provide an extra layer of support to our entire community. OUSD students and their families can use Care Solace to quickly find verified mental health, behavioral health, and substance use treatment options matched to their needs, regardless of circumstances. Care Solace’s team is available 24/7/365 and can support you in any language. To use Care Solace to help you find a provider:
- Call 888-515-0595 available 24/7/365
- Visit www.caresolace.com/ousd and either search on your own OR click “Book Appointment” for assistance by video chat, email, or phone.
- No Outside Food Deliveries: All outside food deliveries to campus are now prohibited. This includes but is not limited to DoorDash, Uber Eats, Postmates, Direct Vendor delivery or any other outside food service.
Important - PLEASE READ
Choosing a Language Acquisition Program
You can also find this information from the Annual Notification link in your Parent Portal on Aeries.
Curriculum & Instruction / Multilingual Learner Program
Through the SEI Program students develop grade-level English skills while also having access to grade-level curriculum. English Learners receive English Language Development (ELD) as well as instruction in all content areas such as math, science, history and physical education. English Learners receive ELD from a certificated teacher until they meet our criteria to be reclassified as Fluent English Proficient.