Austin High School
Black Bear News -- April 5 - April 10
I hope everyone had a enjoyable and restful Spring Break! We still have a several activities taking place over the next 8 weeks and I will continue update you when there are changes made.
Have a Great Day!
Virtual Day on Friday, April 9 (Students WILL NOT attend)
- DCS teachers will be participating in Professional Development on Friday, April 9.
- Teachers will NOT be conducting Google Meets.
- Teachers will push out assignments prior to Friday, April 9.
- This will be a B/Black Day for students.
Course Request Verifications for 2021-2022 School Year
- Student Course Request letters will be mailed this week.
- All classes (including alternates) that each student registered for will be listed.
- Please contact a counselor with any changes.
- Changes are due by Monday, April 12th.
Make-up Act Test on Tuesday, April 6
Any Junior traditional/blended/virtual student who did not take the ACT given at AHS last month, must take it on Tuesday, April 6. Please contact Ann.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Prom Ticket Information
- Prom tickets are on sale now before and after school and during AHOP. Tickets are $40 or $75 per couple until April 30th.
- Tickets will increase May 3rd-6th to $50 or $90 per couple ** Tickets will remain on EPAY for $40.
- Please see or email email@example.com in Room A124 for more information.
- Outside guests are welcome with permission slip.
National Honor Society Information
- Members of National Honor Society need to check the Google Classroom for announcements. Senior members information about Stole and tassel orders, dues and the scholarship application can be found there.
- All members, don't forget your 15 service hours are due by April 5th. You can find the log in google form on Google Classroom.
- See or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Varsity/Junior Varsity Volleyball Tryouts
- Tryouts will be Monday, May 3rd - Wednesday, May 5th
- Tryouts will be in the Austin High gym from 4:30 - 6:00.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Point Mallard is Hiring
- HIRING ALL POSITIONS! Starting pay $9 per hour. Lifeguard, Concessions, Gift Shop and Maintenance jobs available. Get your application at www.PointMallardPark.com or at the Administration Office located at Point Mallard Ice Complex Monday through Friday from 8am- 5pm.
- Must be 16 years old or older to apply. Please see our website for more information or call (256)341-4902.
Sports for this week
- April 5 - G/B Tennis @ Hartselle @ 4:00
- April 5 - V/JV Softball vs. Athens @ Home @ 4:30
- April 5 - JV Baseball @ Bob Jones @ 5:00
- April 5 - JV/V Boys Soccer vs. James Clemens @ Home @ 5:00
- April 6 - G/B Tennis @ Wilson @ 4:00
- April 6 - JV/V Softball vs. Florence @ Home @ 4:30
- April 6 - V Baseball @ Bob Jones @ 5:30
- April 6 - JV/V Boys Soccer vs. Florence @ Home @ 5:30
- April 6 - Girls Soccer @ James Clemens @ 6:00
- April 7 - G/B Tennis @ Grissom @ 4:00
- April 8 - 10 - JV/V Softball @ Morgan County Tournament @ Wilson Morgan
- April 8 - JV Track Championships @ Bob Jones @ 4:00
- April 8 - G/B Tennis vs. Brooks @ Point Mallard @ 4:00
- April 8 - V Baseball vs. Bob Jones @ Home @ 4:30
- April 8 - Girls Soccer vs. West Morgan @ Home @ 6:00
- April 9 - Track @ Florence @ 4:00
- April 9 - V Baseball vs. Prattville @ Home @ 4:00
- April 9 - Girls Soccer vs. Florence @ Home @ 6:00
- April 10 - Track @ Sparkman Invitational @ 8:30 a.m.
Click on this link for the most updated schedule. Due to Covid-19, schedules may change and this schedule will be updated when changes occur.