Everitt Family Newsletter
~ January 15, 2021 ~
Para traducir, haga clic en el enlace "Translate" a la derecha o encima de este boletín.
Dear Everitt Families
Thank you for continuing to be our partners in your student's learning this year. I know that 2020-2021 is a school year we will never forget, as we have faced obstacles and curveballs that have stretched and challenged all of us. I am so grateful to be a part of a community that supports one another in finding paths forward. And I continue to be inspired by the creativity and resilience of our extraordinary students and their exceptional teachers.
As many of you have likely heard, Jeffco Public Schools is conducting a search for a superintendent to lead our organization to begin work in approximately July 2021. I want to encourage all of you to participate in the community engagement opportunities the district and its partners have set up. Our Everitt community holds such important voices that should and must be a part of our direction as a school district. Please consider lending your perspective and advocacy to these conversations in one or all of the following ways:
Community Engagement Sessions will be held between January 13 and January 23, 2021 for parents/guardians, students, community members, staff, business leaders, local government, community group leaders, and religious/faith-based leaders. If you're willing to lend your experience to these live, online forums, please register using the appropriate form below:
- Parents/Guardians - Five (5) Sessions
- Community - general - Five (5) Sessions
- Business Leaders - Two (2) Sessions
- Local Government - Two (2) Sessions
- Community Group Leaders - Five (5) Sessions
- Religious/Faith-Based Group Leaders - Two (2) Sessions
Online Survey: The Superintendent Search Survey is now available and can be completed through January 21, 2021.
Email: Should you wish to share more specific or detailed information than what is possible on the survey or through one of the online community meetings, you can email the lead consultant on the search, Hank Gmitro.
As always, thank you for believing in the power of neighborhood schools to bring our communities together, and thank you for sharing your kids with us; it is our honor to serve them.
Jeena Templeton, Principal
Everitt Middle School
Monday, January 18: Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. No School for students.
Monday, January 18: Dine to Donate @ Noodles & Co. on 32nd and Youngfield from 4pm - 8pm. They are donating a portion of the proceeds that evening!
Tuesday, January 19: Round 2 opens for EnrollJeffco.
Friday, January 22: ASYNCHRONOUS learning for all students.
Wednesday, February 3, 2021: PTA Meeting at 6:30pm and School Accountability Meeting HERE (On Zoom)
Our D/HH+ Students are taking on the GREAT KINDNESS CHALLENGE!
Food and Nutrition Services Update!
All school meals will remain free to all students through June 30, 2021.
Secondary remote distribution sites will remain open for remote meals during the time period between PK-5th return to in-person and 6-12
- § Bear Creek HS and Jefferson Jr/S will be added for remote meal distribution during this time period.
- § Schedule for remote meal pickup is Tuesday and Thursday, 2:00-4:30pm (until in-person learning resumes)
- § The list of remote distribution sites remaining open for remote meals during this transition time period is below.
- § A 6-12 grade student may access remote meals at an Elementary school if needed and more convenient during this time. Please contact the Elementary school for their remote meal schedule.
Return to In-Person Learning
- § Once in-person learning resumes for grades 6-12, in-person meal service will resume for in-person learners.
- § 100% remote learners in these grade levels will access remote meals at their home site on the school-specific schedule once in-person learning resumes.
- § In-person learners on the hybrid learning schedule will be able to take home meals for the days they are not at the school site on their second hybrid day of the week.
- o Younger siblings and those in Preschools that do not serve meals may access meals at area schools. Please contact the school for their remote meal service schedule.
- o While meals are available to all students at no cost, students will be charged for a la carte items.
Transition Remote Meal Distribution Sites: Alameda Jr/Sr, Arvada HS, Arvada West HS, Bear Creek HS, Columbine HS, Creighton MS, Green Mountain HS, Jefferson Jr/Sr, Pomona HS, Ralston Valley HS, Summit Ridge MS, Wayne Carle MS
Counselors' Corner- TIME OUT!
In an effort to give all of our students (REMOTE and HYBRID) an opportunity to take a break during their school day and just “hang-out” with friends and peers, we’re starting something new called TIME OUT! We know the kids miss talking to one another. Although it’ll be a get-together on ZOOM and not in person, we still look forward to giving kids a chance to connect. Our goal is to create a social ZOOM space for kids to meet-up with old friends and meet new ones.
- Monday from 10:51-11:21 a.m., 6th Grade only.
- Tuesday will be for 7th graders, and we’ll meet at the same time 10:51-11:21 a.m.
- Wednesday is 8th Grade only; same time to meet 10:51-11:21 a.m.
The following flyer will also be posted in 2nd Period Google Classrooms. Let’s get the word out! Time for all of us to do a little “hanging out”!
If you need your counselor:
Ms. Aronson Kirsten.Aronson@jeffco.k12.co.us
Ms. Gaines: At school on MON-TUES Kelsey.Gaines@jeffco.k12.co.us
Ms. MacDonald: At school on WED-THURS Allison.MacDonald@jeffco.k12.co.us
Keeping our Community Connected with PTA
Dine to Donate: Dine to Donate @ Noodles & Co. (32nd and Youngfield) coming up - Monday, January 18, 2021 from 4pm - 8pm - please put it on your calendar. A portion of proceeds will go to Everitt.
Coffee Chats weekly: Starting in January - we will start holding weekly PTA Parent Coffee Chats (Zoom) for our feeder elementary school parents.
Jump for Everitt: Jump for Everitt extended! Due to “2020” we will be extending our Jump for Everitt fundraiser until January 19, 2021 when we will announce all the raffle winners! Please make sure your student is registered and help them send our sponsor requests and share their personal fundraising link.
Join the PTA Zoom Meeting on Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 6:30pm HERE!
(Meeting ID: 848 1090 9782 / Passcode: EverittPTA)
Dial in by phone at:
312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 848 1090 9782
Connection and up-to-date information available here for all Everitt Families and Staff.
Everitt Middle School
With foundations of equity and excellence, Everitt empowers and inspires our students as individuals, lifelong learners, and creative critical thinkers to engage in authentic learning and contribute meaningfully to their communities and their world.