November 4, 2022
Spirit of Thanksgiving
At Lincoln, we are truly blessed to be part of a close-knit community, a community that puts the wellbeing of our children at the forefront of our decisions and our efforts. We are thankful for our staff and our parents who have set aside time to meet and collaborate with each other to meet the needs of our students during parent conferences the past couple of months. If you haven't had a chance to meet with your child's teacher yet, please reach out. They want to hear from you.
We are also grateful for our supportive PTO. This organization has worked hard to find ways to support our students and our staff. They've purchased and put together indoor recess containers for each grade level, supported our music program through the concessions at our Talent Show, helped fund part of our first grade field trip, volunteered service in our library, helped buoy our teachers spirits by stocking the lounge with snacks, and so much more. If you haven't yet joined our PTO, we encourage you to reach out.
We are alse thankful for our students. Their smiles and "lightbulb moments" make what we do each day worthwhile. Our staff makes a point to reflect on our "why" regularly. We talk about why we entered into this profession and what about our jobs we find rewarding and keeps us going. Our staff wants to make a positive difference in the lives of children. We want to collaborate with our community, our families, and with each other to ensure each and every one of our students learns at high levels every day. Our students are our why. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work with them.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 450
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-October: 94.6% (1,359 absences)
Average Daily Attendance by Month:
- August: 96.4% (250 absences)
- September: 94.5% (534 absences)
- October: 93.0 (575 absences)
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 10/31-11/4: 91.9% (182 absences)
***As a reminder, if your child is absent, be sure to send in a note within 48 hours or email LESAttendance@misd.org***
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate for the Week of 10/31-11/4:
- Ms. Kirk (99%)
- Ms. Torman (97.6%)
- Ms. Forrer (95.6%)
- Ms. Lehmann (95.2%)
Positive Office Referrals: 1
Make a Note
Please read below for important information:
- We are asking that parents log in to Skyward to double check their contact information and emergency contacts. We've had a couple of instances this week where the information was needed and was not updated. This information is critical in the event of an emergency involving your child. Contact our registrar, Erica Nalbach with questions about how to update or log in if needed.
- If your child is a morning car rider and will eat breakfast at school, please ensure they arrive by 8:05. This allows him or her 10 minutes to eat breakfast before the line shuts down. If you will be arriving after 8:05, we encourage you to make sure your child has breakfast at home.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
Staff Shout Outs
Thursday, November 10:
- Wear red, white, and/or blue to show your patriotic spirit.
- 4th & 5th Veterans' Day Program @ 6:00 pm
- PAWSitivity Cart
- 3rd Grade Math Benchmark
Friday, November 11:
- No school for students
- 11/14 - Big Kahuna Product Delivery
- 11/15 - Scoliosis Screening (5th Grade Girls)
- 11/15 - 3rd & 5th ELA Benchmark
- 11/16 - National Educational Support Professionals Day
- 11/18 - Kindergarten - First Thanksgiving Feast
- 11/21-11/25 - Thanksgiving Break
- 11/30 - Principal Safety Committee Meeting @ 9:00 a.m.
- 11/30 - Campus Advisory Committee @ 4:15 pm
- 12/1 - Family STEAM Night
- 12/2 - PTO Meeting @ 9:00 a.m.
- 12/2 - PAWSitivity Cart
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700