January 20, 2023
Hello Wolf Pack,
Second quarter is quickly coming to a close. Students are often finishing up projects, presentations, or units of study. Many teachers have communicated their process for turning in make-up work. We recommend looking through PowerSchool with your student this weekend, and following up as soon as possible if you have any questions.
As we begin third quarter, we will be reviewing PACK Expectations with our students. This will cover all expectations with an in-depth emphasis on school-appropriate language and the importance of reporting concerns to staff, including safety concerns, peer conflicts, bullying situations, etc.
This Week & Upcoming Events:
- Family Date Night at Trailbreaker Cider House on Jan. 26th. Details below.
- End of the quarter is Friday, Jan. 27.
- See boys' basketball game schedule below.
- 3rd Quarter begins Monday, Jan. 30th. Check PowerSchool for possible schedule changes. We can assist students with any questions.
- 2nd Quarter grades can be viewed in PowerSchool on Tuesday, Jan. 31. (We do not print a formal report card.)
- Fill the Truck Food Drive: All CVSD Middle School are partnering with Spokane Valley Partners for our annual food drive from Monday, January 30th until Friday, February 10th. Leadership will be sharing the details about our 1st-period classroom competition.
- Yoga Fundraiser at The Mat on Saturday, Feb. 11. Details below.
Here are a few examples below.
Very impressive work, wolves!
Student Drop-off/Pick Up Location
Thank you for helping us make the shift in locations for parents and buses to drop-off/pick up. The process is working well.
In case you missed it...
Please pull forward to help allow additional cars through the round about.
Please communicate with your student where you will meet them.
Please do your best not to block the round about. You may need to pull into the parking lot instead, but we've noticed that the process has been quick each day-- so THANK YOU for that!
Buses returned to using the WEST side of the building. (This is the courtyard side.)
Student drop-off/pick up returned to using the EAST side of the building. (This is the front parking lot, closest to the round about.)
The East parking lot is still available for parents to drop off and pick up students.
Career Fair in February
Contacts at Selkirk Middle School
Attendance Line: 558-6207 (or email: email@example.com)
Principal, Ty Larsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. Principal, Jen Hurst: email@example.com
Counselor, Connie Mott: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Secretary, Mandi Daniels: email@example.com
Assistant Secretary, Denise Burgess: firstname.lastname@example.org