Celebrating 60 Years of Education! March 22nd Edition
Mark Your Calendar
- Tuesday, March 22nd @ 9:00AM: Gayman HSA General Membership Meeting (in-person in the library or Zoom with the attached link)
- Tuesday, March 22nd @ 1:00PM: 2nd Trimester Grades posted in Parent Portal
- Thursday, March 24th @ 7:45AM: Gayman Choir Practice
- Thursday, March 24th: 6th Grade Student Council Meeting with Dr. Lucabaugh
- Friday, March 25th: MBIT Presentation for 6th Grade Students
- Friday, March 25th @ 5:00-7:00PM: GHSA Color Run: Volunteer Today!
Please note: some report card descriptors are ungraded in the second trimester. These descriptors will be gray or they will be left blank. In mathematics, there are many new additional skills that students will be learning. Therefore, the descriptor is ungraded, for now. In reading, the information on the indicator is incorporated into another indicator.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Color Run is Friday!
Come join us for raffle baskets, food trucks, and a colorful race. The event begins at 5:00PM on the back playground. See you there!
Volunteer Here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B084BAAA92DA1FB6-family
March Boomerang Award
Do you know a child who is consistently honest? If so, nominate him/her today for our March Boomerang Award.
The March Boomerang Asset is Honesty - Young person "tells the truth even when it is not easy." Please complete a nomination form by Friday, March 25th and email it to Liz Meier, our student support counselor, at email@example.com.
"Show me 5!" and "Mustang of the Day"
Students can earn "Show me 5" cards for displaying one of our 5 Gayman Mustang character traits: Respect, Responsibility, Kindness, Cooperation, and Perseverance. Then, once a week, one child's name is pulled from each grade to earn a Magnificent Mustang wrist band.
Everyday, one child will earn the award "Mustang of the Day". This special award is given to one child from an adult at Gayman. These students will be invited to participate in a special event with Mrs. Carter at the end of the trimester.
Congratulations for showing extraordinary character!
Spring Save the Dates!
- April 21st - 23rd: Moana Jr. Musical
- May 3rd: Reading Olympics
- May 5th: Learn and Discover 2022-23 Kindergarten
- May 12th: 2nd & 4th Grade Musical Melody Show
- May 14th: GHSA Sweet Heart Dance
- May 23rd: Band, Orchestra & Choir Spring Concert
- May 25th: Gayman Art Show
- May 26th: Field Day
- June 3rd: GHSA End of the Year Family Picnic
- June 7th: Sixth Grade Promotion
- June 9th: Move Up Day
Attention 6th Grade Students: Yearbook Cover Contest
- Use an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of white paper for your design.
- Use bright colors that will show easily when published.
- Write your name on the back of your submission.
Drop off your entry in the main office by Monday, April 4th. We look forward to seeing your artistic work!
Capture Your Memories!
- Go to www.treering.com/validate2.
- Enter Gayman's Passcode: 10157566069198.
- Orders are due by April 12th.
The Mustang Muse
To celebrate Gayman Elementary's 60th birthday, the Mustang Muse is looking for essays, stories, and artwork all about Gayman. For submission information, click here.
The submission deadline is April 15th. We can't wait to see your literary talents shine!
Click here to access the Parent Resource page for the CBSD.
It's time to register for Kindergarten!
Click here for the CBSD Kindergarten Registration page including necessary documents to gather in order to register your kindergarten students.
NOTE: Requests for morning or afternoon kindergarten are determined on a first come - first serve basis. Priority is also given to a request with a documented need by the parents' employers.
All attendance questions can be directed to Christine Stevens, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Gayman Office.
If your clearances are current, upload them into the App Garden - Volunteer Tracker. If your clearances have expired, or you need to begin the clearance process, click on the Required Documents for the directions. For more information, consult the Human Resources Volunteer Required Paperwork webpage.
CB Patriots Players
Tickets are now on sale for the Patriot Players upcoming production of Into the Woods! Performances will be in the CB East auditorium on Friday, April 1 at 7:30, Saturday, April 2 at 7:30, and Sunday, April 3 at 2:00.
Thank you for supporting the arts here at East and we hope you enjoy the show!
We are on Facebook!
Join today by clicking here, or join by scanning the QR code to the right of this page.
As polices change, the CBSD school board policies will supersede the Gayman Student Handbook.