MBA Tech Tips
Important Updates and Helpful Information Issue 5
Thank you, MBA Tech Team
Meet the Instructional Technology Coaches
Ms. Dina Francisco joined the Educational Support Team after the Winter Break. She comes to MBA with 15 years of teaching experience in K-6 both in general education and special education. She also has Library Media Specialist Certification. Before teaching Ms. Francisco was a social worker working with children and youth for over 10 years.
You may be seeing one of us in your classrooms while you're teaching (virtually or in-person) to observe your use of instructional technology. Just keep on doing what you do teaching our executives and scholars. We will just observe and then move on.
Both Ms. Jones and Ms. Francisco are here to support teachers in the use of technology in their classrooms. If you need training on any of the platforms that we utilize feel free to reach out and we will be happy to help. You can use the link at the bottom of the newsletter to ask questions and/or request training. Additionally, you can request the same or ask questions through the chat feature at mbatech.team or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is critical to install Windows security updates to protect your computer from malicious attacks. In the long run, it is also important to install software updates, not only to access new features, but also to be on the safe side in terms of security loop holes being discovered in outdated programs.
To see available Windows updates select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates
Check out the video below for a visual walk through on how to check for updates.
New Analytics in Canvas
Have you checked out the New Analytics feature in Canvas? Let's take a look at what you can see and where to find it in your Canvas Classroom.
Currently, New Analytics allows instructors to track average course grades for student submissions using an interactive chart graph or table. Data is for viewing only and cannot directly be changed.
Page views and participation metrics include an aggregate across all devices, including Canvas mobile apps.
To find out further infrormation on how to access this information click on the bolded links.
Use New Analytics to:
- View average course grade analytics as an interactive chart graph or a data table
- Compare the course average with an individual assignment, course section, or student filter using the chart graph comparison or data table comparison
- View average weekly online participation analytics as an interactive chart graph or a data table
- Compare the course average weekly online participation analytics with an individual student or section using the chart graph comparison or data table comparison
- Send a message to all students based on specific course grade or participation criteria
- Send a message to an individual student based on specific course grade or participation criteria
- View course grade and participation analytics for an individual student
- View and download reports on missing, late, or excused assignments, class roster, and course activity.
If you need more of a visual on these features see the video below on New Analytics.
Remember you have access to these guides in your Canvas Classroom. Click on the ? mark in global navigation bar (grey bar) and when it opens at the top under the Panda picture you will see Search the Canvas Guides.
Powerpoint is even better! Including integration with TEAMS.
In addition, there are great features like a presentation coach, zoom feature, dictation, record and narrate mode, Email function within powerpoint (including converting to a pdf first), screen recording, remove backgrounds from photos, advanced morph, powerpoint designer, align objects, drawing perfect shapes, merge shapes, shape layers, grid image, qr codes, built in break timer, insert forms, slide sorter, and screenshot in powerpoint.
See the complete video below. Great new features and tips.
Upcoming Lexia Training March 16, 2021
Save your spot for Lexia’s Upcoming Customer Webinar
You won't want to miss our upcoming customer webinar on March 16, 2021 at 2pm EST. We will share:
- how your Lexia programs can assist educators no matter the learning environment
- how Administrators can help support their teachers
- Lexia resources that can help to inform instruction and save educators valuable time
You'll also hear from one of our customers who will share tips on how they are using Lexia to support their instruction.
Whether your schedule allows you to attend or not, if you register, you will get a recording of the webinar so you can listen when time permits. Save your spot now so you don't miss it!
Did you miss the Edgenuity Training?
Did you miss the Edgenuity Training? Don't worry you can see the replay.
Here are just a few of the additions you can learn about:
- New courses added to the Edgenuity catalog, including Civics and Citizenship, AP Computer Science Principles, an Anti-Racism Course from Point Made Learning, and several more.
- Enhancements for attendance reporting and academic integrity features.
- MyPath for grades K–5: A new supplemental reading and math program that personalizes learning.
- Expanded SEL offerings and more!
New Feature Coming to Canvas in March 2021
Enjoy this while you read these tech tips!