Friedell Middle School
Spring Break Edition! March 29 - April 2
The Week Ahead!
Welcome to SPRING BREAK!
We hope all are well! There is not a great amount of news in this newsletter as we want students, and families, to take a break from school! Yes, there are still some upcoming dates and reminders to be safe, but the key is to unplug from school, relax, have some fun and laughter during these next days!
We will send out a newsletter next week on Friday, April 2nd. This will be more information for the April 5th start of quarter 4 and in-person learning for those selecting that option!
If you have questions, please always reach out to our office: email@example.com or 507-328-5650
We do still have things "Happening Now":
- MINDFULNESS DURING CHALLENGING TIMES - Today (Thursday, March 25th) 6:00 p.m. (See information below!)
- End of Quarter 3 is also Today!
- No School on Friday, March 26th is for staff to complete grades
- March 29 to April 2 - Spring Break
- The Friedell office will be closed on March 30th and April 1st
- April 5 - Start of Quarter 4:
- April 7 - Picture day for 7th and 8th grade students
- April 7 - Picture day for DL students that did not come in on March 23rd
- The Friedell office is open daily from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call if you have questions or need support!
- As we prepare to have more students in the building, please remember it is imperative that all students complete the daily health screener before coming to school.
- Many of the pictures below contain links to websites and additional information. Please feel free to click on them to access the additional information. One example would be the February Calendar, that link takes you to our district calendars page, specifically the Middle School Calendar.
- Stay up to date with all of Rochester Public Schools! This is a new set of important information to know for RPS. Check out our Top 5 things to know here! These videos are available in multiple languages!
MINDFULNESS DURING CHALLENGING TIMES
Thursday, March 25th, 6pm
This is an online event.
Join the RPS Middle Schools in this wonderful session!
“Mindfulness is a way of supporting students, educators, and
the whole school community so they can not only survive, but
thrive.” -Mindful Schools
Mindfulness practices can help reduce stress and increase
well-being. This session will discuss what mindfulness is and is
not, outline research on the benefits of mindfulness, and give
practical suggestions for incorporating mindfulness into your life.
A google meet link is here for you to join at 6:00 p.m. on March 25th.
APRIL 5th INFORMATION
This information went out to you specifically on Tuesday, March 23rd from Friedell. We believe it is important for you to have easy access to this information, so we are including it here as well!
- General Information for April 5th Return
- Information specific to our Distance Learning families
- Daily Bell Schedules (We have a special schedule on April 5th wehre all in-person studnets start in Advisory!)
*** Families that requested transporation shoudl have received your students bus routing in the mail. If you have not received that information, please contact the Friedell Office.
Also, it is not too late to join PTSA! us the same link to become a member!
SPRING BREAK TRAVEL UPDATES
We hope all are able to relax during Spring Break from March 26th through April 4th. We do return to in person learning for many students on April 5th. With different infromation coming at us, we wanted to share some information for your all.
If your student is traveling during spring break within the United States, they will not need to quarantine prior to returning to school. If your student is traveling internationally, Olmsted County Public Health advises to get tested 3-5 days after travel, AND to stay home and self-quarantine for 7 days after travel. Please notify the Friedell office at 507-328-5650 if you are traveling internationally, or to any U.S. Territories during spring break.
SCHOOL PICTURE DAY(S)
We will be having pictures this year as a part of our return to school. We have two different Picture Days dependent on your students grade and learning model. We want to balance the groups, as well as provide everyone an opportunity for their picture!
The picture date is:
- April 7th from 7:45 - 10:00 a.m.
- This is for Distance Learnign Students as well as in person students
The April 7th date will be for our 7th and 8th graders to have their picture taken, as well as any 6th graders that may have been absent on March 23rd. This will also be done during the day and accomodate all students so they can have their picture taken.
If you have questions, please contact the Friedell office at 507-328-5650 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Support Services