Diversity & Social Justice
Weekly Virtual Case Studies
"Case Studies on Diversity & Social Justice"
This series will be based on Paul Gorski and Seema Pothini's book, "Case Studies on Diversity and Social Justice Education." This book can be purchased at most major online stores.
- Participants are welcome to sign up for one, multiple, or all sessions.
- Educator teams are encouraged.
- License Renewal Credit will be available.
This series is intended to help educators use the case study method to analyze and reflect upon a variety of realistic case studies at all grade levels related to educational equity and social justice. This practice allows us to better "see" what is happening in our schools free from some of the existing biases and ideologies.
- Participants will meet via Zoom to work through the case study method for the week's assigned topic.
- We will meet on Thursdays from 3:45-5:00pm.
- Participants are welcome to participate in any or all of the case studies as their schedule allows.
- There is no cost to participants for the book study, but participants will need the book in order to be able to discuss the cases.
If you are are in a PLAEA district and interested in completing this study as part of a team of general education teachers and English Learner teachers, please contact Leslie Pralle Osborn (email@example.com) about available funding.
All sessions will run from 3:45-5:00pm via Zoom
October 8 - Race
October 15 - Ethnicity & Culture
October 22 - Immigrant Status
October 29 - Language
November 5 - Poverty & Socioeconomic Status
November 12 - Sexual Orientation
November 19 - (Dis)ability
December 10 - Religion
December 17 - Sex, Gender Identity, & Gender Expression