March 23-March 27
Week at a Glance
12:30 ATC (Mr. Smith's class)
6:00 Board of Trustees Meeting
Tuesday, March 24
4:15 District Faculty Meeting #1 @ Rock Hill High School
Wednesday, March 25
8:30 DO Staff Meeting
10:30 School Talk
12:30 Budget Meeting (Mr. Blake)
1:30 Budget Meeting (Mr. Wolff)
3:00 Early Childhood Meeting
Thursday, March 26
7:30 Safety Meeting
9:00 Communication Focus Meeting
12:00 Operations Meeting
5:30 SIC Meeting (Lesslie Elementary)
7:00 Hairspray (Saluda Trail Middle)
Friday, March 27
7:30 Legislative Breakfast
9:30 Dinostart (Northside Elementary School)
11:00 SIC Meeting (York Road Elementary)
2:00 Phone Conference
Wishing you a safe,relaxing Spring Break!
Congratulations PD Schools!
Ebinport Elementary School
Independence Elementary School
Sullivan Middle School
South Pointe High School
Important Information from the SC Education Oversight Committee
1. The report of the Principal and SIC will be changed, and principals/SIC will be asked to complete the following statement, "Our school is helping a ll students develop the world class skills and life and career characteristics of the Profile of the South Carolina Graduate by...."
2. In addition the 2015 school and district report cards will report on college and career reediness using the College FreshmanReport. It is extremely important that high school principals and guidance counselors complete this form. Prior years' reports are available online at http://ed.sc.gov/agency/ie/rda/CollegeFreshmanReport.cfm.
Mr. Ahl was named the 4A Principal of the Year by the
S. C. Association. of Athletic Administrators on March 18th. Ozzie was selected for his outstanding support of athletics at the school, region, and state levels.
- Planning department is continuing to finalize school choice acceptance for 2015-16
- Monitoring Rebound and Renaissance enrollment
- Completing review of requested transfers/temporary residency for 2015-16
For Principals: Please be aware that the school year is 180 days, unless one is forgiven. However, we must continue to educate and provide meaningful classroom opportunities through June 4. For elementary and middle, please share with parents that students not attending the last days of school will be counted as absent. Absences will be assessed through June 4.
Public Information:Communications audit was begun this week. There will be a total of 10 focus groups.
New testing information brochures are now available. It is posted on the website and some hard copies have been printed. You are free to print additional copies if you have the funding to do so. Please post the brochure or at least a link to the district website. This information has also been posted on the district Facebook page.
All certified recommendations should be made.
Happy March Birthday!
Keri Brown (Lesslie)
Snow Make-Up Day
Snow Make-Up Day!
Wednesday, April 22