Top 3 for the 4Cs
An Ed Tech Coach's Favorite Things!
Flipgrid is a video bulletin board that allows people to respond to a question or topic in 90 second (or less) videos.
- Students can post a "trailer" for a novel or topic they are discussing in class.
- Students can post the steps to completing a problem or the thought process behind their answers.
- A topic can be created for frequently asked questions.
Best of all, students can post responses promoting effective communication and collaboration amongst peers.
Google Apps for Education: G-Suite
Bonus: Extensions and Add-Ons
- Bitmoji: Add fun Bitmojis of you to your slides, documents, and emails. I also use them as quick feedback for students.
- ScreenCastify: Create quick and easy screen recordings that you can later upload to Google Classroom.
Please note that add-ons are Google app specific. You can only add them while you're in that particular app. My favorite Add-Ons are:
- Google Docs:
- Lucid Charts or Gliffy: Create mindmaps and graphic organizers
- Doc to Forms: Turn a document into a Google Form without the copy and paste
- EasyBib: Helps with citations.
- EquatiO: Write equations in their proper form.
- Word Cloud Generator
- Google Forms:
- Forms Notifications
- Choice Eliminator
- Form Confirmation Emails
- Google Sheets
- Autocrat: Turn information in a Sheet into a standard letter.
- Flubaroo: Use to grade Forms. Can also do this in Forms, but Flubaroo gives a few more options.
- Save as Doc: Turn a Google Sheet into a Doc.