Being Safe Online
A Brief Guide for Parents and Teens
Teenagers, Be Smart!
It's not that you can't enjoy yourself online. It's just that you need to be thoughtful about the choices you make when you're online. Here are some tips for you to remain safe while on the web:
- Use privacy settings
- Be selective with your online "friends" or followers
- Keep private information private
Parents, Be Aware!
There's a good chance that your teen is more savvy with technology than you are, but that doesn't mean that you can't help your child learn to navigate the web in a safe and responsible way.
- Maintain an open dialogue with your child about his or her internet usage
- Monitor your child's online activity
- Educate yourself about the potential dangers of the internet. Share your knowledge with your child.