Mrs. Pierce's Post
Week of January 18, 2016
- Letter: Uu
- Sight Words: who, where
- Phonics: Rhyming and chunk review
- Complete Sentences and recognizing proper nouns
- Plot review/recognizing who, what, when, where, why/retelling
- 5-groups review and counting pennies, nickels, and dimes
We have been hard at work and growing our reading levels! Rainbow words are a huge part of our reading success! Keep working hard! We plan to test rainbow words this week to get caught up from all of the delays and testing. Please be patient and understanding if we have not gotten to you yet. We are fitting in the additional assessments the best we can! If you think you have them mastered, try spelling them out loud as an extension while you wait on a new set! Keep up the FANTASTIC effort and GrOwTh!! We are very proud of your hard work!
Sight Words: they, play
Phonics: Sneaky "e", long vowels
Reading: Recognizing Main Idea and providing details
Math: number partners, 5-groups, counting money, teen numbers
Monday: MLK Day/ Reflection and observance- Making our own dreams...
Thursday: 100 Day Celebration! Be sure to ask your child about all of the 100 Day celebrations activities and fun! WE ARE 100 DAYS SMARTER!!!
Extra!!!!!! We have a NEW principal!!! His name is Mr. Matt Hensley!! We are all very excited and looking forward to this new addition to our Tiger Family!
- Homework packets are due each Friday. Please sign and return in the folder.
- Kindergarten News is sent home daily. Please return the next day completed.
- Agendas are the MAIN way for daily communication! Please check and initial them daily.
- $5 cash or a healthy snack (enough for each student) is due each month.
- Lunch $ should be sent in an envelope labeled Lunch Money with your child's name, Mrs. Pierce's name, and amount enclosed.
- If you have any additional forms or notes for the school or teacher please put in the agenda as they are checked daily. Also, make note in the agenda incase it should happen to fall out or placed elsewhere
January 19th- PTO meeting @ 5:00
February 11th- Title Night ..."Bingo for Books" (for Title students)
February 19th- Elementary Night @ Varsity Basketball game