News From the Nest
Week of Februrary 7 - February 11, 2022
Dear APS K8 Families,
What a great showing from our Kindergarten through 5th grade athletes Saturday at the annual FAST START event in Winter Park. Special thanks to Coach T for organzing our team and great job to all the students who participated. Check out the APS ATHLETICS Instagram for all the students who placed in many events.
Monday will be an busy day with our "Step up to Middle School" event for all 5th graders. They will have a meeting in the afternoon with Mrs. Johnson, Guidance Counselor. Then, all families are encouraged to log into ZOOM (see information and link in this newsletter) for a detailed presentation. Important information will be given for a smooth transition to 6th grade.
Our Basketball teams will wrap up their regular season this week. They will travel to ACE K8 on Monday for a 5:15 game. It's not far, so I hope to see a traveling group of APSK8 fans in the stands!
Also on Monday evening, it's the last Monday for our some our student-maker groups to sell their creatiions at the Audubon Park Monday Community Market. Let's help them have a successful close to business and sell out their stock! The Market is in the Stardust parking lot from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Please consider stopping by the APSK8 Tent and making a purchase from our students.
Be sure to follow us on Social Media for all happenings and news, including upcoming Poemville events that feature our students' collaboration with local businesses.
Finally, grab your tickets to the upcoming Falcon Fling (see graphic and info below) I hope to see many of our families, teachers and community members at this fun event at the new Winter Park Library Event Center. It will be a memorable night!
Trevor Honohan, Principal
The Audubon Park School K8
Congrats to everyone who placed in the events. You can see a full recap on the APS Athletics Instagram with all the medal winners.
We loved to see all of the Falcons cheering each other on in all of the individual races!
Lilah P. was named the 2022 Warner L. Millson Going the Extra Mile winner. She shows leadership, drive, and good sportsmanship in all she does.
- 2/7: APS Basketball vs. ACE K8 (Away) 5:15p.m.
- 2/7: APS Makers at Audubon Park Monday Market 5-8pm, Stardust Parking lot
- 2/7: Step up to 6th Grade Virtual 6 p.m.
- 2/8: PTSA General Meeting 6:00 p.m.
- 2/2-2/9: Valentine Grams for sale before school
- 2/9: Last day for Blanket Drive
- 2/9: APS Basketball vs Carver (Away) 5:15
- 2/9-10: Pizza & Poems at 1803 Pizza Kitchen 4pm - Close (Order a pizza, get a Pizza Poem written by 3rd graders)
- 2/10: Progress reports go home
- 2/11: Ten Thousand Villages Shopping Event
- 2/17: Oration competition 9 am
- 2/25: Falcon Fling
- 3/8: Parents & Staff: Come celebrate with the Falcon Fund at Redlight Redlight
- 4/9: Park Life Falcon 5K
An Invitation to Step Up to Middle School
Topic: Step Up to Middle School (for current families of 5th graders going into 6th next year)
Time: Feb 7, 2022 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting hosted by Michelle Johnson, APSK8 Guidance Counselor
Meeting ID: 935 5076 5087
Visit our Green Team
They have some beautiful Valentine cards available, all created from recycled materials at school. Plus, they'll be crafting dog chew toys out of old tees. Come and see them create!
Pick up your Valentine's gifts from KOLORS! They have handcrafted some amazing gifts out of recycled materials. You won't want to miss their table!
Peace, Love and Poems
8th grader Nyasia will return to the Market with her tie-dyed creations. She has shirts and masks this week. A free poem with every purchase. Let's help her sell out!
Visit our Green Team
APS Student Government
- Kindness Rock Project— https://tinyurl.com/APSkindnessrocks.
- Blanket Drive will be EXTENDED this week to benefit the Corrine Drive Animal Hospital and our local Salvation Army Shelter. Student Government will place boxes in each grade level hallway for collection.
- Valentine Grams will be on sale from the 2nd-9th.
PTSA General Meeting February 8th at 6:00 p.m.
Audubon Park School is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 782 356 1958
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,7823561958# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,7823561958# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 782 356 1958
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kb8OBoxsTl