Ultra Sounds 👶🏾
What is this procedure ? 💭
Ultrasound comes from a machine that creates an image of the inside of your body. It shows what your baby looks like while still inside your womb (uterus).
Such as • the size of the baby• how well the baby’s heart works
• how well other organs (such as the spine, brain and kidneys) are growing
• the anticipated date of birth
Why is an ultrasound done ?
An ultrasound can help to check on many aspects of a healthy pregnancy, such as:
• the number of babies
• whether the baby ’s size is right for his/her age
• how the baby’s internal organs are growing
• whether the placenta (afterbirth) is in the correct place
• whether there are problems with the mother’s uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries
How does an ultrasound work ?
What can an ultrasound find ?
For most pregnant women, ultrasound assures them that their baby is healthy and all is well. Sadly, for a few, the ultrasound will find signs that all is not normal. Remember that the screening test only indicates an increased chance for concern and cannot tell you for sure if the baby does have a specific condition.