Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
CHS is in the Division 1 State Semi-Finals! The Wolves defeated Desert Vista 34-14 last week and will take on Desert Ridge this Friday, November 20th, at 7:00pm at Hamilton High School. Come out and cheer the Wolves on to victory!
chase lucas - US Army All-American
The US Army was on campus last week to present Chase Lucas with his Army All-American jersey and helmet. Coach Eric Richardson also received the US Army All-American Mentor Award. Congratulations!
CHS’s JROTC honored our country’s veterans by participating in Knox Gifted Academy’s Veteran’s Day Celebration last Tuesday.
chs art students
Six CHS Art students had their art featured and auctioned at Vision Gallery in downtown Chandler last week as part of the About Care Annual Veterans Day Art Auction. Thanks to Gwendolyn Bishop, Mayci Vannasap, Leslie Portillo, Boyana Babanovski, Kaden Dawson and Emelia Dolson for their participation. Their teachers are Ms. Jennifer Knoll and Mr. Robert Burget.
haunted house for charity
The 2015 Haunted House for Charity was a huge success! CHS students collected 415 lbs. of food and $340 in donations for Matthew's Crossing Food Bank. Over 450 people went through the house and left these donations. Chandler High Theatre students represented our school so well. Congrats to them!
Chandler High’s Hiking Club, sponsored by Mrs. Carol Gould and Mr. Manny Cartagena, hiked the Grand Canyon on November 7th. The group trekked from Rim Bright Angel Trail to Phantom Ranch (crossing the Colorado River) back to rim on South Kaibab Trail, approximately 19 miles.
Chandler High’s Modazz, Advanced and Improv Dancers will perform Chasing Reverie on Wednesday, November 18th in the CCA. The foyer performance will begin at 6:30pm with the concert beginning at 7:00 on the main stage. You don’t want to miss this!
FREE DRIVER’S PERMIT WORKSHOP
Are you a CHS student, or do you know a CHS student, who needs to take the written permit test in order to get a driver’s license? AAA Arizona is partnering with the Si Se Puede Foundation to offer a FREE workshop that will prepare students for the written driver’s permit test. Workshop dates are Thursday, November 5th OR Wednesday, November 18th from 6-7:30 pm at Chandler High School. To reserve a spot, students should sign up as soon as possible in the Counseling office.
GIRLS SOCCER GOLF TOURNAMENT FUNDRAISER
The Girls Soccer Team is hosting a golf tournament fundraiser on December 6th at Ocotillo Country Club. View the golf registration form for more info and to sign up for our tournament. Registration will close in mid-November.
CHANDLER CARE CENTER- THANKSGIVING
Did you know that the Chandler CARE Center has an annual Thanksgiving Dinner Distribution? The center will provide families with all the ingredients needed to prepare a full Thanksgiving dinner. This is a wonderful opportunity for families who need a little extra help this holiday season.
Chandler CARE Center is located at 1525 West Frye Rd, Chandler 85224. Feel free to call them at 480-812-7900 or visit www.chandlercarecenter.com for more information. You will need proof of address and a photo ID to register for the event, which will occur on Saturday, November 21st, from 8:00-11:00AM. Registration is only open until November 18th, so hurry down to the Chandler CARE Center to register today!
YEARBOOK SENIOR ADS
Process for purchasing a Yearbook Senior Ad: For more information, visit the yearbook website.
- Payment for the Ad: Cash or a check written to Chandler High School Yearbook, paid to the bookstore.
- Give bookstore your envelope with student name, grade, email address, & ID number on it. In the envelope include Senior Ad Order Form which shows page option (⅛, ¼, ½, full).
- If you are NOT submitting through email, include Senior Ad form, photos & TYPED text in envelope. You are encouraged to send photos & text thru email address below.
- Count the photo spaces on the yearbook spread that you have chosen, and only send that many photos through the email. You may only be able to send 1 to 3 photos maximum for each email you send us. This is the preferred way of sending photos & text to us. Pictures will NOT be returned! If you do not have email, you can submit photos on a CD put it in an envelope and then give to Bookstore.
Also, text must be typed and sent to the email address below. If you have no access to a computer, the information will be available at the school bookstore.
Email address: email@example.com
career center news
COLLEGE PRESENTATIONS: Sign up in the Career Center
- ROTC Presentation- Wednesday, 11/18 @ 8:30am- Come learn about the requirements for the ROTC Scholarship and the various ROTC Scholarship programs. The Navy, Marines, Army & Air Force will be represented.
- Armed Forces Forum- Thursday, 11/19 @ 10:30am- Interested in joining the Military? Come learn about the differences in the various branches. The Army, Air Force, AZ National Guard, Marines, & Navy will be represented!
New presentations are added daily. Visit the Career Center webpage to access the Career Center Calendar and other valuable info.