Plano Band Weekly Announcements
September 27-October 1, 2021
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you dare to dream it, you can become it." ~William Arthur Ward
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR PERCUSSIONISTS FOR FABULOUS PERFORMANCES AT PDLC ON SATURDAY!!!!
**All-Region registration is now open. Please visit the Plano Band website to register. Entry fee is $12. You may pay online OR via cash/check to the black box (put your name on payment envelope). Please complete registration info and payment ASAP.**
The itineraries for Oct. 2, Oct. 9, & Oct. 16 contests are attached to the bottom of this newsletter!
GOALS FOR THE WEEK
1. Commit to your best every week!!! (THIS Saturday is PEMI!)
2. Finish drilll!
3. Strive for perfection!
4. Have AMAZING performances at PEMI!
EVENTS THIS WEEK
1. Marching Rehearsals this week:
- Monday 4:30-6pm
- Tuesday 4:30-6:30pm
- Wednesday 7-9 @ Kimbrough Stadium Transportation provided. WEAR SHOW SHIRT!! Meet at PSHS at 5:30. Eat dinner before arriving!
- Friday 4:30-6:30p
2. Section Leader & Officer Meeting, Tuesday 6:30
3. Sectionals/Masterclasses during class this week (NO PRIVATE LESSONS ON SECTIONAL DAYS)
- SYMPHONIC & WE – Tuesdays Woodwinds / Wednesdays Brass
- CONCERT 1 & 2 – Wednesdays
4. Pep-Rally, Thursday
- DRESS: Khaki shorts, DRI-FIT Shirt
- 9:20am - Students released from 1st period
- 9:30am - Warm-up outside between bldgs. A & D
- 9:51am - Pep-Rally
5. Football Game #5 HOME vs. Marcus HS, Thursday @ Clark Stadium (w/8th graders!)
- YES 7th period class release!
- Uniform Rack Locations (Before & After Game): Woodwinds in Practice Rm Hallway; Brass & Percussion in Band Hall
- 3:30pm: change into performance dress (dri-fit shirt, white short, LONG black socks, marching shoes
- 3:45pm: Officers assemble to welcome 8th graders. Section leaders organize section
- 4:30pm: Load equipment by section. 8th graders tour Spirit One with section
- 4:45pm: Dinner on porch
- 5:10pm: Change into FULL uniform - NO JEWELRY/HAIR UP!!!!!
- Carry shako box (w/poncho inside) & garment bag to bus
- 5:20pm: load buses
- 6:00pm: Exit bus in full uniform (Shako ON)
- Take shako box/instrument/go to stands - URGENCY!!!
- 6:30pm - Grandioso step-out, w/ 8th graders
- 7:00pm: Game start
- AFTER GAME:
- Unload Bus
- Check-in Uniform with Uniform Officer
- Get Instrument from truck / Store in locker or take home
6. Plano East Marching Invitational, Saturday @ Kimbrough Stadium
- Prelim Performance: 3:15p (itinerary attached)
DUE THIS WEEK
2. All-Region Band Audition Entries at www.pshsband.org AND $12 Entry fee - DUE NOW
3. An OUTSTANDING PEMI Performance!
- WE, SYM, CONC 1 - All-State Music Evaluation 1st ½ Etude #3 – DUE Tues/Wed (6 Cumulative All-State Tests = Semester 2 Chair Placement)
- CONC 2 - Eb & Ab Major Scales & Arpeggios DUE Wed.
(6 Cumulative Scale, Arpeggio, Patterns Tests = Semester 2 Chair Placement)
1. Marching Rehearsals for week of Oct. 4:
- Mon (10/4), 4:30-6pm
- Tues (10/5) 4:30-6:30pm
- Wed (10/6) 5-6:30 @ Clark Stadium (dinner will be served)
- Plano Cluster Marching Exhibition - Wed. 10/6, 7-9pm @ Clark Stadium
- Thurs (10/7)) 4:30-6p
2. Plano Band Restaurant Night @ Jason's Deli, Tuesday, 10/5
3. Football Game #6 AWAY vs Hebron HS, Fri Oct. 8 @ Hawk Stadium (YES - 7th period release)
4. McKinney Marching Invitational, Saturday, October 9 @ McKinney ISD Stadium
- Prelim performance: 3:00p (itinerary attached)
5. Marching Rehearsals for week of Oct. 11:
- Mon (10/11), no rehearsal (Columbus Day)
- Tues (10/12) 4:30-6:30pm (Student Holiday) YES Rehearsal
- Wed (10/13), 4:30-5:45p
- Homecoming Parade & Pep-Rally - Wed. 10/13, 6:30-8p
- Thurs (10/14), 4:30-6pm
6. Football Game #7 vs. Lewisville HS (Homecoming), Fri, 10/15 @ Clark Stadium
7. UIL Region 25 Marching Contest, Sat., Oct. 16 @ Kimbrough Stadium
- Performance Time: 1:30pm (itinerary attached)