The Johnson Journal
Week of September 8th-11th
What are we learning this week?
- This week in Science, we are working on the Water Cycle and the atmosphere. There will be a vocabulary and a regular quiz on these on FRIDAY!
- In Reading, we are learning how visuals help us understand what we read. We are also working on Synonyms, Antonyms, and Homophones.
- In Writing, we are working to begin writing a Personal Narrative.
- Finally, in Math we are working on expanded form with decimals, and multiplying and dividing by Powers of Ten.
- Students can expect a Science vocabulary quiz, a quiz on the Water Cycle, and a Wordly Wise Quiz on Friday.
Important Information to Know
IXL changed their numbers this weekend. So, this week students were assigned A3, F3, and G2. Their real assignment is A3, C3, and I2. These are due completed by Friday, along with their completed homework packet.
*Grades are updated in Blackboard Learn. I am attaching the presentation from Curriculum Night which shows how to access your student's grades. I have written notes if your student is allowed to either correct their work or turn in something late. Please let me know if you have any questions.
*We could use a small digital, battery-operated clock to place by our bathroom sign out sheet. We would appreciate a donation if you could!
*Finally, I would like to create a schedule of volunteers to help out in the classroom. If you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org letting me know what day of the week you prefer, and what time frame you would like to come in. Our time frames are 8:30am-9:30am, or from 12:30pm-2:30pm. Please let me know if you are more comfortable with working with students or with doing clerical work like making copies and checking papers. I will also need to know whether you would like to come once a week or every other week. I will compile a list over the week and get it out by the end of the week. Thank you in advance for your help! :)
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, September 16th: Early Release Day- 1:00pm
- Thursday, September 17th: Fall Pictures
- Wednesday, September 30th: Early Release Day- 1:00pm
- Thursday, October 1st: Interim Reports Come Home