Feed Teaching Component (pg. 64-85)
By Ben Pirro
· Marty creates a game called “Struggle of the Dying Warrior” (Anderson 64)
· Violet and Titus talk about their families, discussing their parents occupations (Anderson 64)
· She translates her writing from BASIC to English: “I came, I saw, I conquered” (Anderson 66)
· Violet couldn’t give a real reason as for why her father wasn’t with them on the moon (Anderson 67)
· The technician repairs everyone’s feeds (Anderson 68)
· Each character began feeling the feed take over their body (Anderson 70)
· They began dancing out of joy (Anderson 71)
(Part 3-Utopia) Normal
· Everything was officially back to normal (Anderson 75)
· Titus was checked for a virus, because of the previous software problem (Anderson 76)
· Violet tells Titus she is homeschooled, and how she doesn’t really go to parties (Anderson 78-79)
· Both Titus and Violet arrive at the party (Anderson 81)
· There is alcohol, which brings out timidity in Violet (Anderson 82)
· Quendy calls Calista a “pig,” while she speaks to Titus (Anderson 82)
New Historicism/Cultural Studies:
"my dad did some kind of banking thing, and my mom was in design. I didn't understand what my dad did exactly" (Anderson 64)
"I looked at her funny. 'You write?' I said. 'With a pen?" (Anderson 65)
"We were dancing in it like rain, and we couldn't stop laughing, and we were running our hands across our bodies, feeling them again..." (Anderson 71)
'"Your father, he's a college professor, but he was too busy to come see you after you like completely collapsed from a hacker attack? Too busy'
She looked me in the eye. 'No,' she said, 'but that's what I told you.'" (Anderson 67)
"'Do you think things are going to be different?'...'From the way things were before." (Anderson 79-80)
Violet wonders if her relationship with Titus will be different after their experience
losing the feed. What do you think? Will it?
Does the newscast from the president, about how the American Industry is
responsible for the lesions, make sense? Does he support his statement? What about
his language? Why is this included?
Why is Titus upset about the unmanned boat on the water in the painting. “no one to
look to the horizon.” What does it mean? Why end the chapter this way?
How has technology changed our communication?
Anderson, M. T. Feed. Cambridge, MA: Candlewick, 2002. Print.
"Feed Paperback – July 17, 2012." Amazon.com: Feed (9780763662622): M.T. Anderson: Books. Amazon, n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.
"Google’s Brave New World: The Feed Is Here." Google’s Brave New World: The Feed Is Here. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Apr. 2016.