Expect Genius. Now.
Choose2Matter is a universal movement that challenges students to work collaboratively to develop innovative solutions to social problems. Students tackle authentic real world problems and learn the skills needed to compete in today’s world.
Our team regularly conducts Choose2Matter LIVE events in schools. These events build skills in leadership, problem-solving, digital literacy, and much more.
Choose2Matter in Action
Choose2Matter at the Downingtown STEM Academy
Choose2Matter at Hutto
Reactions and Results:
How Quest2Matter Changed Our Lives
- "Choose2Matter - It's a Coming Together" - reflections from Art Campbell, headmaster of Downingtown STEM Academy
- "What Value Do You Put on Changing Somebody’s Life?” - reflections from the leaders of East Greenwich High School
- "Choose2Matter Should Be an Every Day Event" - editorial from Estherville Daily News.
- "A Nice Day for a Revolution" - reflections from East Greenwich High School sophomore Grace Miner.
- A collection of the brightest moments from these events.
- Bold Leadership From Young Leaders - a reflection on the Choose2Matter LIVE event with 5,200 students from the Hutto, TX school district.
- Downingtown's Justin Staub on the virtues of "Saying Yes," after we brought some of his students to the Business Innovation Factory Summit in Providence, RI.
- A post about what we are doing to highlight the work of deserving students and to connect them to information and mentors to help them create change effectively.
- A Storify collection of Tweets from teachers and students at East Greenwich HS.
- A Storify of some of the highlights of the Bettendorf event.
- A Storify of the highlights from Estherville.
Choose2Matter reminds teachers why they became teachers.
Parents report that Choose2Matter transforms kids, for good.
Choose2Matter inspires students to look at school in a different light.
At the start of Downingtown, only 2% of the students believed they could change the world. At the end, we asked again. The response:
We connect students with mentors and give them a platform to share their story.
Angela Maiers and Students Present Choose2Matter at BIF-9
BIF9: Angela Maiers - Whispering To The World
Angela Maiers and Mark Moran Present the First Student BAMMY Award to Mallory Fundora
Presenting the 1st Bammy for Student Initiative
Hosting a Choose2Matter LIVE Event:
- We've worked with groups from 150 to 6,000.
- Programs run 1 to 2.5 days.
- Only materials needed are paper, markers, & typical audio/visual requirements.
- Support from teachers and community members helps teams of students brainstorm and shape action plans.
- Cost for hosting a LIVE event is $20-$30k, depending on date, duration, location and audience size.
- We also offer a "virtual" participation option at a much lower price point.
- Many schools have raised funds from sponsors or partnered with civic groups to offset the cost.
- Schools have used Title I funds for this program, which is the best way to combat bullying, substance abuse, teen pregnancy and other issues.