The Serene Scoop
Serene Hills Elementary School --- August 1, 2019
We are gearing up for the new school year. Check out information below to get ready!
Mark your calendar for these important upcoming dates:
SHE Office Hours
- Monday-Tuesday Aug. 5th and 6th open from 9 AM-1 PM
- Wednesday Aug. 7 opens at 1 PM until 3:30 PM
- Thursday- Friday Aug. 8th and 9th open from 8 AM-4 PM
Meet the Teacher on Tuesday August 13
- You will be notified via email with the name of your child’s homeroom teacher on Aug.12 at 4 PM. Make sure your enrollment paperwork/Skyward has your updated email address. We cannot release that information early since classes will still be finalizing.
- All elementary school Meet the Teacher events will be held at staggered times during the day on Tuesday August 13 to allow for a calm, welcoming first experience for the new year.
1st and 3rd grades visit classrooms, put away supplies 12:30-1:15 PM
2nd and 4th grades visit classrooms, put away supplies 1:30-2:15 PM
5th grade visit classrooms, put away supplies 2:30-3:15 PM
- There will be information about transportation, lunch accounts and ways to connect with PTO in the cafeteria during each grade’s session.
First Day of School - August 14
- Doors open at 7:20 AM.
- School day 7:40-3:00
- Parents that wish to walk their children back to class may do so this first short week. On the first day ONLY, parents can forgo signing in. However, the rest of the week and all year, we must abide by our safety and security protocols and have all visitors raptor in. Please plan accordingly.
Curriculum Night - August 29 at 5:30-6:15 K-2; 6:30-7:15 3rd-5th
SHE Family Picnic - September 5 at 5-7 PM
Fall assemblies - Sept. 6 (K-2); Sept. 13 (3-5) 7:30 AM in gym; families welcome
Skyward Family Access
Skyward Family Access is a secure, internet-based student information system that replaces txConnect. Skyward Family Access will allow easy access to view student attendance, behavior/discipline, calendars, demographic data, enrollment, health information, grades, schedules and transcripts. It is a free service available to all parents, guardians and students enrolled in the Lake Travis Independent School District.
Login Information and Assistance
Parents and guardians are required to log into their Skyward Family Access account and complete district forms essential for the start of school including the 2019-2020 Returning Student Packet.
Beginning Monday, July 29, a unique login and instructions for setting your password will be provided via email directly by Skyward Family Access to all parents and guardians of students enrolled in Lake Travis schools.
Please note, Skyward Family Access will not include athletics, food and nutrition services, student drug testing and transportation information, nor will it replace Schoology, the district's Learning Management System used by our teachers district wide to deliver courses and content online.
For assistance with your login or password, contact the Lake Travis ISD Help Desk at 512-533-6565 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Login names and passwords are automatically generated by the Skyward system at time of enrollment. Your name, your student's name, and campus will be required to locate your account.
Password & Email Options
Parents/Guardians have the ability to change their email address and password once logged into Family/Student Access via "My Account" located in the upper right corner of the screen. All other changes must be coordinated with the campus registrar.
Kinder Assessments- On August 5 and 6, our kindergarten teachers take time to get to know each child for a few minutes. These first interactions and brief assessments help teachers build the classes. If you haven't received an email you to sign-up, please email email@example.com. If you are out of town or unable to attend, do not worry at all. It is optional.
Kinder Meet the Teacher- We redesigned our Kinder Meet the Teacher event to better accommodate families entering kindergarten. The kinder session is from 9-11 on August 13. You will meet in the classroom at 9 am then as a class tour the school, learn how the cafe works, meet the nurse, discover the library and much more. This extended experience helps acquaint your child to school and gives you an opportunity to ask your questions.
Across Campus Enrichment for 2019-2020
To learn more about a school wide enrichment model, check out this video from Round Rock ISD. We have researched models for over a year and visited and collaborated with other schools that have great success with the model
Serene Hills Elementary School
The Serene Hills Elementary community commits to engaging every student in innovative, collaborative learning focused on growth and to igniting a passion for learning in which everyone is valued.