Sir Isaac Newton
- Born on January 4, 1643, in Woolsthorpe, England.
- Isaac Newton was an established physicist and mathematician.
- A premature baby born tiny and weak, Newton was not expected to survive.
- Newton’s law of universal gravitation describes the gravitational attraction between bodies with mass, the earth and moon for example.
- Newton’s three laws of motion relate the forces acting on a body to its motion.The first is the law of inertia.The second is commonly stated as force equals mass times acceleration.
- Newton was known to have said that his work on formulating a theory of gravitation was inspired by watching an apple fall from a tree.