This Week in DHS Band and Guard
Week of February 27, 2023
This Week's Schedule
Monday, February 27th
- Symphonic Band Brass, 4:45-5:45 pm
Tuesday, February 28th
- Wind Ensemble Low Brass, 4:45-5:45 pm
- JV Winter Guard 4:45-6:45 pm
- Varsity Winter Guard 5:30-8:30 pm
- Percussion Solo Recital, 6-8:30 pm, DHS Auditorium
Wednesday, March 1st
- Wind Ensemble French Horns, 8-8:50 am
- Symphonic Band Woodwinds, 4:45-5:45 pm
- Varsity Winter Guard 5-8 pm
Thursday, March 2nd
- JV Winter Guard 7:30-8:55 am
- Wind Ensemble Trumpets, 8-8:50 am
- Wind Ensemble Woodwinds, 4:45-5:45 pm
Friday, March 3rd
- Makeup Wind Ensemble/Symphonic Band Sectional, 8-8:50 am
- ALL Winter Guard Rehearse and Show Setup, 5-9 pm
Saturday, March 4th
- TCGC Davenport Winter Guard Competition (Hosting)
TCGC Winter Guard Contest Volunteers Needed
On March 4th the Winter Guard comes home as we host our own annual competition. We are so proud to show off how awesome it is to be part of this organization and school, but we need your help. Starting at 9:45 on that Saturday, we will have several shifts of all kinds of jobs that need to be filled. PLEASE come on out and help our Winter Guard (and to raise some money) on their march to State!
There is also set-up on Friday night and tear down after the event on Saturday. If you are able to come out I promise a good time. Meals will be provided to all volunteers.
Sign up at the link below.
Percussion Solo Recital
Our Percussion Solo Recital is Tuesday, February 28 from 6-8:30 pm in the auditorium. Call is 5:30 pm. Students will be fed dinner at 5 pm. Dress is business casual. No jeans or tennis shoes. All students are required to stay until the end of the concert.
Here is the schedule of performances.
Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band Pass Offs
Color Guard Letter Jacket Opportunity
Pre-UIL Concert Rescheduled
The Middle School Region Band and High School Jazz Band Clinic and Concert has been rescheduled to March 28th.
Florida Trip Update
We are having a mandatory trip meting for all students attending the trip on Monday, March 6th at 7 pm. The student and one parent are required to be at the meeting to get information.
Here are the bus and hotel room assignments.
Also, here is which park we will be starting and ending our day while on the trip. Students will be able to park hop starting at 2 pm when we are at Disney parks.
Sunday, March 12 - Magic Kingdom (11 am entry)
Monday, March 13 - Hollywood Studios
Tuesday, March 14 - Universal
Wednesday, March 15 - Epcot (Workshop day)
Thursday, March 16 - Magic Kingdom
Here is an updated itinerary. We are now leaving at 3 pm on March 11th and will be returning on Friday, March 17th.
2023 Summer Band Dates
Here are dates for next year's Summer Band Camps.
2023 DHS Marching Band Summer Dates (required)
- May 30-June 1, June Camp
- June 3, Band Registration
- July 13-14, Drum Major Camp
- July 17-19, Student Leadership Team Camp
- July 24-28, Drum Camp
- July 24-28, Color Guard Camp (tentative)
- July 27th, Summer Band begins for all (Winds, Percussion, and Guard)
Saxophone Lesson Information
Fee payments (Use this link for everything except instrument usage fees.)
- March 6th, Florida Trip Meeting, 7 pm
- March 7th, Jazz Night, Pieper HS, 7 pm
- March 11th-17th, Florida Trip
- March 23rd, Pre-UIL Concert, Davenport HS, AM
- March 28th, Region Jazz Clinic and Concert, Davenport HS
- May 26th, Graduation, Wolf Stadium
Director of Bands
Associate Band Director
Color Guard Director
Color Guard Assistant Director
Director of Bands
Assistant Director of Bands