Week of January 25 - February 5
Dr. Rath's Corner
Greetings Wildcat Families!
We are so happy to welcome our family 3/2 Wildcats back to KSTM this week. We are also looking forward to bringing our in-person Wildcats back to school 5 days a week beginning on Tuesday, February 2nd. Please know that families can still participate in remote learning, but do understand that we would love to see our students come back to in-person learning. Ms. Kuhns, Assistant Principal/Data Processor and myself monitor our daily numbers to ensure we are following health and safety guidelines. Beginning on Monday, January 25, we will need for families to follow a 48-hour transition time for having students move from remote to in-person. The 48-hour transition time is needed for Ms. Kuhns to ensure students are placed in classes following health and safety guidelines.
Great News for King Science:
- Covid Saliva Testing will begin the week of January 25th. Parents that have students in-person needed to sign up with the email link they received from Scott Schmidtbonne, OPS Research last week. Only students in-person who are signed up may participate.
- Mr. Galdamez just received a grant from the NASA program for our future tomato experiments. Way to go!
- Mr. Galdamez has made a connection with a new community partnership for science. Clarkson Hospital will be working with our Health Care program for next fall.
- Our first ever Virtual Science Fair will take place on Friday, January 29th with our virtual judges.
- We will host a virtual math/science night coming up soon. More information to follow soon.
- Progress Reports will be finalized February 8th.
Health and Safety Link for Covid-19 protocol: SEE my link below.
Enjoy the snowy weekend,
Dr. Rath, Principal
Phased Return to 100% In-Person Learning
Phased Return to 100% In-Person Learning in February
- Monday, February 1, 2021: No School for elementary and middle school students.
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021: Elementary and middle schools transition to 5 days in-person learning.
The Remote Learning Program will remain an option for students who wish to continue learning full-time from home during the second semester. Please contact Ms. Lori Kuhns (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to change your student's attendance plan.
February 2021 Calendar
Bell Schedule for All Students - In-Person & Remote
Winter Season Athletics
We will start Girls and Boys Basketball training when we return to 100% in-person learning! In addition, we will offer a strength and conditioning program several days per week!
Girls Basketball will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays
Boys Basketball will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Conditioning will take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays.
In order to participate, the following items are required:
1. Student must have no failing grades
2. An athletic physical dated AFTER May 1st, 2020 must be on file with the athletic office
3. Proof of insurance must be on file with the athletic office.
Science Fair Projects were due today
FREE Community Tutor Support through DoSpace
ATTENTION 8TH GRADERS
High school selection is under way for our current 8th graders. Forms have been passed out through Social Studies class. If your child is remote, parents should have received an email from OPS on the high school selection process. All forms whether in person or online are due by Friday, January 29th. If you have questions, please contact the 8th grade counselor Mrs. Clark at 531-299-9046 or email@example.com.
ATTENTION ALL STUDENTSClick on the links below to learn more about the Creighton Trio Talent Search!
- Online Application - https://www.creighton.edu/trio/talentsearch/applyhere/
- Recruitment Video: https://youtu.be/SPCW987FoTg
Book Blasters-Reading Club Tuesday & Thursdays, 3:30-5:30 PM firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Bowl Tuesday & Thursdays 3:15-4:30 email email@example.com
Entomology Club Tuesdays 3:05-4:30 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Math Club Wednesdays email email@example.com
Mine Craft & Coding for Girls Wednesdays 3:25- 4:25 PM firstname.lastname@example.org
Mine Craft & Coding for Boys Wednesdays 3:25 -4:25 PM email@example.com
Follow us on our Social Media and help support King Science & Technology!
What's going on inside KSTM?
Giving Back to Our Community
January 13th, staff helping out after hours to work with Heartland Foods to give back to our families. Our next food distribution night will be Wednesday, February 17th (tentatively) from 4-5:30 PM in our back parking lot.
Student Engagement Winners
A little school shopping for our student engagement winners!
Wildcat School Spirit!
Way to go Markell for showing head-to-toe Wildcat spirit on Friday!
Giving Back to Our Community
Shout Outs to all of our amazing students! Student Celebration Photos Coming Next Issue
NASA Grant Winner!!
Way to go Mr. Galdamez. It is time to start our tomato experiments!
Teamwork makes the dream work!
Ms. Haas is helping out in the cafe during lunch.
Wildcat School Spirit!
Way to go Jasmine for wearing our school colors on Friday!