LHS Update 6
September 30, 2022
Dates To Remember
- Oct. 5 - Fall Student Count Day
- Oct. 7 -Linden v. Fenton "Stuff the Bus" football game
- Oct. 12th -11th grade Fall PSAT/NMSQT
- Oct. 18th - PT Conferences
- Oct. 24 - LHS FAFSA Help Night
- Nov. 1 - Genesee Career Institute (GCI) 10th Grade Presentation
- Nov. 8 - LHS 10th Grade Student/Parent Night
- Nov. 23rd-27th - Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 22nd-January 2nd - Christmas Break
- Jan. 13th - End of the 1st Semester
LHS Driving & Parking
- Parking paperwork can be picked up in the main office, or the information rack located near the main entrance.
- There is a $25 parking fee for the year.
- Students must park in the LHS student parking lot.
- Students should not park in the front, or Central Elementay parking lots.
- Any student parking in the Hope Lutheran parking lot, must have permission from the church leadership. Those students that park at Hope Lutheran without permission will be subject to towing.
Stuff The Bus
LHS will not be offering the option of virtual conferences this year. All conferences will be held in-person at LHS on October 18th from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
FAFSA Help Night
October 24th, 5-7pm, LHS Media Center
Representatives from U of M Flint's financial aid department will be here to answer questions and assist parents and seniors as they work to complete the FAFSA.
November 1st, 9:30 am
GCI will be visiting LHS to share a presentation with sophomores about the programs GCI has to offer. Students will be given an opportunity to sign up for a field trip to GCI. Dates and times for that field trip will be announced when we have them. More information about applying to GCI will be shared once applications are available.
Sophomore Parent/Student Night
November 8th, 5-6 pm, LHS Media Center
The counseling department will explain what each of the following programs are, what the benefits and drawbacks may be, and how students would apply for each:
GCI Early College
Three District Early College
All of these programs provide the possibility of college credit at little or no cost to families. Some of these programs require that you commit to them by the end of your sophomore year.
- 10/21/2022 (½ through the semester) 50%
- 11/22/2022 (Thanksgiving Break) 66%
- 12/9/2022 (¾ through the semester) 75%
- 12/22/2022 (Christmas Break) 92%
- 1/13/2023 (End of Semester) 100%
ASVAB Test at LHS
- The ASVAB Test at Linden High School will be administered on December 14, 2022 begining at 7:45 am. Interested students should see their counselor.