Main Ideas seen in the Romantic art.
- Romantic artists emphasized lives with deep feelings, spirituality, and free expression.
- They believed human beings had infinite powers and god-like potential.
- They wanted to get an emotional response from the people that viewed their artwork.
- Some of the pictures showed country like scenes.
- The artists were fascinated by their passion, moods, and their heroes.
Artists of the Romantic time period
- Jacques Louis David: Bonaparte Crossing the Alps is one of his paintings.
- Casper David Friedrich: Morning in the Riesengebrige
- Joseph Mallord William Turner: Grand Canal
- VeniceJohn Constable: The Leaping Horse
Some Works of Art
- Occurred late 18th early 19th century.
- The French Revolution was taking place during the early part of the Romanticism time period.
- Roots began around France and England.
- Romanticism in the arts was a revolt against organized religion.
- Romanticism spread across most of Europe then to the United States.
- Romanticism has nothing to do with romance…..it means believing in the rights of individuals and expressing deep emotions..