Olympic Hills Family Newsletter
What an amazing week we have had with hybrid students back on campus and smaller classes for fully remote students! Thank you all for your patience as we streamline our arrival and dismissal procedures. I hope you all have a wonderful spring break with your family! Please see below for reminders/updates:
Will the schedule change after spring break?
Your teacher will send the post spring break schedule tomorrow, which adds reading and math small groups with specialists for some students.
What is the Wednesday remote schedule?
- 8:00-9:30 - Social Justice Curriculum and ELA, followed by independent work time (and 1:1 or small groups for some students).
- Awesome Otter Fun Time - 12:00 PreK-2nd and 12:45 3rd-5th.
- Library curbside checkout is now Wednesdays only 11:00-1:00 and 4:00-6:00.
Can my child walk themselves to or from school?
Yes. For arrival, they check in at the attestation check point out front. For dismissal, notify your child's teacher they have permission to walk, and their teacher will release them at dismissal.
Can I bring my child to school late?
With such a short time in school, we ask that families do not drop off students after 8:00am.
Do you have an update on transportation?
We are still awaiting updates. Thank you for your patience and supporting each other with carpooling.
Can I bring my child to school with mild cold symptoms (such as runny nose or cough)?
Please keep your child home if they have ANY cold symptoms that are on the attestation list. Thank you all for doing your part to keep our community healthy!
What if I am not receiving the daily email or text to do my child's attestation?
- Check your spam/junk folder
- Search your inbox for your child’s name or email@example.com
- Please email Joyce Phitts at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also: please use the daily email/text and only the QR code as a back up!
4/10 Grades available in the Source
4/12-4/16 Spring Break
4/20 PTA Family Resource Night and Flash Dance 6:30-7:30 (zoom link below)
4/20 Volunteer Appreciation Day
4/21 Beep and Greet cancelled
4/27 Spanish Family Council
4/30 Recipes due for the Multicultural Cookbook
Family Dance Party! April 20th 6:30 - 7:30pm Flash Dance Movement Night
Have you always wanted to be in a Flash Dance? Looking for more fun movement activities with your family? Join us on April 20th on Zoom from 6:30 - 7:30pm (click for Zoom link) for Family Resource Night hosted by the PTA and Ms. Bronwen will teach us a fun flash dance! It is going to be Otterly fantastic (sneak peak in the Friday morning assembly video)! Following our family dance party we will have a short PTA meeting with elections for next year's executive committee. Any questions? Just email OlympicHillsPTA@gmail.com
Multicultural Cookbook Project! Recipes due 4/30
We look forward to receiving recipes from all of you!
- Recipe templates: Somali, Vietnamese, Spanish, Tigrinya, Arabic, English
- Text or email recipes to Mr. Alberto – include photos if you’d like. email@example.com (512)-557-7052
- Please feel free to just take a photo of your recipe as it is in your cookbook and send it that way if you’d like. (Please include your name.) Recipes in home languages are welcome!
- We have additional recipe templates at the main office
- We are so excited to be able to give every family a copy of the Olympic Hills Multicultural Cookbook after it is published.
Nathan Hale Resources
Technology Resource Center at Nathan Hale: Mondays and Wednesdays 11:00am to 6:00pm, lunch from 1:30 to 2:30pm. Still first come, first served. No appointments can be made.
Family Works at Nathan Hale: Wednesdays 12:45pm-3:00pm. An organization called FamilyWorks is providing Family Support Services to help families navigate various services and resources. They will be staffed with individuals who speak Somali, Spanish and English.
Medical Clinic at Nathan Hale: This year, the clinic is open to students of all ages who attend Seattle Public Schools. The nurse practitioners there can see students who need a physical, vaccines, a medication refill, or to complete medical forms required for school, among many other primary care needs. Services are free regardless of insurance or ability to pay. Call (206) 302-1840 to schedule an appointment.
Olympic Hills Elementary School
School Office Hours and Contact Information:
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 7-3:30.
Closed on Wednesdays. Office staff will be available by email on Wednesdays.