February's Mentor Program Update
For Lead Mentors and Mentors
About Those Mentor Logs...
- If you had planned to meet with your mentee or to hold a mentor-related meeting, you can enter a log with the date you would have met, and the amount of time you would have spent at the session. Somewhere in the narrative, write that you did not meet because it was a snow day. You will then have a record of the date, time, and topics you planned to discuss, but could not due to the weather. BTW that does count as a log entry!
- Rather than needing a minimum of 13 logs for the second trimester, we are modifying the count to reflect snow days. Mentors will be required to submit a minimum of 11 logs for the second trimester (which ends on March 12 at midnight).
- THANK YOU mentors and leads for the excellent logs we are receiving. We have a strong understanding of our Division's Mentor Program as we read and review your log submissions.
February's Lead Mentor Meeting
Our February Lead Mentor meeting will take place on the previously-planned date. Please sign up for OPD 825 and join us from 9-11:30am or from 12:30-3:00pm in room 1101A/B at the Kelly Leadership Center.
Our meeting will focus on sharing information about the student-centered observation protocol we learned about at the fall meeting; your school's Educator Support Team (EST); and nominations for the Mentor Program Awards. See article below.
Mentor Program Awards Nominations 2016
Nominations are now being accepted for our Division's outstanding Mentor Program participants!
All PWCS educators are encouraged to nominate a superb Mentor, Lead Mentor, or Educator Support Team for the 2016 awards.
Let everyone know about our super-terrific Mentor Program participants!
Contact Amie or Jennifer for any questions about these nominations. Please share the link/packet with your entire school! You do not have to be involved with the Mentor Program to submit a nomination.
Important Upcoming Mentor Program Dates
- Right away: Submit a nomination for Mentor of the Year; Lead Mentor of the Year; or Educator Support Team of the Year; any PWCS educator can submit a nomination
- Ongoing: Encourage your mentors and mentees to conduct student-centered observations; reminder that OPL will pay for the substitutes!
- February 11, 2016: Winter Lead Mentor Meeting (OPD 825 for AM or PM)
- March 2, 2016: Nomination packets for Mentor Program Awards must be received by OPL by today; See article above
- March 12, 2016: Mentor logs for the second trimester are due by midnight. Mentors must submit 9-11 logs in order to receive their supplemental pay (number of logs has been reduced due to snow days)
- April 11 and 12, 2016: Spring Mentor training; both sessions are required for the complete Mentor Training; 4:30-7:00pm in room 1101 at the KLC. Sign up for OPD 824.
- April 15, 2016: Although we cannot make any guarantees, we will strive to have your second trimester supplemental pay in this pay period.
- April 15, 2016: Mentor Program Awards recipients and nominees notified about award winners NLT close of business today
- April 27, 2016: Spring Lead Mentor Meeting - OPD 825
- May 3, 2016: Mentor Program Awards Ceremony - by invitation ONLY
- June 2, 2016: Finale Rally for brand new teachers, mentors, and lead mentors
- June 27, 2016: Single day Mentor Training from 9am-3pm at the KLC; OPD 824
- June 28, 2016: Single day Mentor Training from 9am-3pm at the KLC; OPD 824