What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley Newsletter ~ December 3, 2017 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti (and PTA Auction Winner Principal of the Day, Mr. G)
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians,
Here's What's Happening at Hawley.......
- A Wonderful Grades 3 & 4 Reading Camp Out last week. A terrific night for families that came out and read together. Thank you Hawley Reading Department! (A Camp Out for younger students will occur in the Spring)
- PTA Holiday Bazaar all this week in the MPR (students view gift items, can make lists to buy for people, and then shop). Thank you to our parent volunteers.
- EARLY DISMISSAL: This Wednesday, 12/6 (1:37 PM dismissal) for Teacher Professional Development. Please plan accordingly so no students are returned to school as staff are in meetings.
- Student PROGRESS REPORTS for Marking Period 1 are available through the Parent Portal THIS Wednesday, 12/6. Your Portal account needs to be set up and active to view. Please print yourself a copy as the Portal will close in March as Marking Period 2 closes.
Through this December 8, Hawley School continues to help the Venezia Family collect toys for Boston Children's Hospital. So many toys have already been donated, Thank You. If you can still help out the box remains in our lobby this week.
Hawley Reading Camp Out!!
New Music Teacher
Hawley is so excited that our new Music Teacher, Adam Nanavaty, begins TOMORROW (Monday, 12/4). Please join me in welcoming Mr. Nanavaty to the Hawley Family.
Thank you to Mrs. Kasseris for being our substitute during our search and wait. She was wonderful and a constant for students. Mrs. Kasseris will be staying on as one of our building subs ;0)
- People dropping off students in the morning are asked to drive through the playground blacktop whether there is a line or not. There is just too much traffic and too little space in the morning for 2-way traffic around back. There have been a few fender benders and too many near misses to count.
- Please adhere to the speed limit while driving in our parking lot and do NOT use your cell phone while driving on school property unless using a hands-free device.
We thank you for your continued understanding and support in keeping everyone safe.