30 days until BobcaThon!
Keep your organization up to date!
There's still time to add dancers to your team!
We are so thrilled that your organization has created a team for our dance marathon on February 13!
To ensure that you have the most positive experience with BobcaThon possible, we encourage you to have as many people from your organization sign up and join the efforts to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House.
Closer to the event, we will be assigning each team a color! On the day of the dance marathon there will be several activities and competitions between the color teams, so gather up members for your team and show us what you can do on the dance floor!
To add members to your team follow these quick steps:
- Go to http://www.firstgiving.com/rmhc/bobcathon-15-16/Teams
- Find your organization's team and click 'join team.'
- Register as a dancer
- Be ready to raise money and dance it out at our marathon!
- Use social media!! You'd be surprised by the amount of support you can receive, simply by posting the link to your Firstgiving account on Facebook or Twitter.
- "Can" for donations. Post up in various places around campus and ask for donations for the Ronald McDonald House. This can be very affective when done correctly! One dancer took her can to a Steelers tailgate and made $266 in less than an hour.
- Reach out over the phone! Call your friends and family and tell them what you're doing. People are more likely to donate when they hear a story straight from the source.
Baker Ballroom during the dance marathon festivities last year
A family that utilized the Ronald McDonald House in their time of need at our event.
Make a difference.
The red team coming together to dance and raise money for seriously-ill children and their families.
Upcoming events in our pipeline
- January 16, 8 PM - 11 PM: Pie in the face fundraiser. Come stop by the front of Court Street Diner and exchange a small donation for the opportunity to throw a pie in the face of one of our BobcaThon leadership team members.
- January 27, 28 (time and location TBD): Dancer meeting. We will be having meetings before the dance marathon to give some final information about what to expect.
- February 2: Announce color teams! On this day you will be finding out what color your team will be wearing at the dance marathon so you can start gearing up!
- February 4 (time and location TBD): Organization meeting. To make sure you are all doing as much as you can to get your organization involved in BobcaThon, come by this brief info session.
- February 8: D.P. Dough fundraiser. To support the Ronald McDonald House, order D.P. dough on this day and a percentage of the profits will go to us!
- February 11, 12: Final dancer meetings. It is MANDATORY for dancers to attend at least one of these two meetings in order to get details about how to prepare for the day of the dance marathon.
- February 13: BOBCATHON!!!
Make sure to find us on Facebook and Twitter!
If you have any questions or suggestions about what you organization can do to get involved with BobcaThon.
Contact us via email or telephone with the information provided below if you are interested in getting more information!