2nd Grade Music Notes
Our October Learning Goals
- I will learn that stories can be told through movement and music.
- Today I will be able to listen and identify parts of songs that are the same and different.
- Today I will be able to identify instruments from other cultures.
- Today I will be able to listen and identify song form.
- Today I will be able to listen and identify ABA form.
Our 2nd Grade Concert is December 3, at 6:30pm
We have been working hard learning songs from Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite. Performance is one of the Indiana State Music Standards and at Joan Martin each grade level has ONE concert a year. This concert is our "test" for the semester and all students will be receiving a grade for their effort and personal best during the concert. Please let Mrs. Amsler know in advance if you have a conflict in schedules so an alternate assignment can be worked out.
Students should wear ‘nice’ dress clothes, preferably in holiday colors (red, green, black, white, silver, gold). Girls- if you choose to wear a dress or skirt it must be AT LEAST knee length and have shorts, tights or leggings underneath. Please do not wear t-shirts, sweatshirts, jeans, or shirts with writing/logos on them.
The evening of the concert, the school doors will open at 6:00. Students should plan on meeting at 6:15 pm in their classrooms. If you arrive prior to 6:15, please supervise your own children in the gym, as the classroom doors will not be open until that time. Please plan on joining us on the evening of December 3rd, at 6:30pm for an exciting musical evening.
Grandparents day is at 2pm on the day of our concert
Nutcracker Concert DVD's are Available
Dates to Remember
- December 3, 6:30pm - 2nd Grade Nutcracker Concert (Grandparents day at 2pm) and Field Trip to IBT 10am
- January 19, 6:00pm- 1st Grade "Informance" Concert (Miss Backe and Miss Jolliff's classes) Grandparents day at 2pm
- January 21, 6:00pm- 1st Grade "Informance" Concert (Mrs. LaVelle, Mrs. Peeler, and Mrs. Evans's classes) Grandparents day at 2pm
- February 26, 6:30pm- 4th Grade Drama Club Performance
- March 17, 6:30pm- 5th Grade Concert (Grandparents day at 2pm)
- March 22-24 Instrument Zoo during Music Class
- April 12, 6:30pm- 3rd Grade Concert (Grandparents day at 2pm)
- May 16-20 Talent Week in Music Class
Are You Signed Up for JM Music Remind?
Go to this link to sign up: https://www.remind.com/join/jmmusic2