By: Celia Daniels
First Phase of Symptoms
- Sore muscles
- Sensitivity to light
- A Loss of appetite
- Have red eyes tongue or face
Second Phase Of Symptoms
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- stomach pain
- vomiting (containing blood)
- A decreased need to urinate
- A decreased heart rate
- unusual bleeding from mouth, nose or ears
- Liver or kidney failure
- brain dysfunction
- Getting a vaccine
- avoiding unnecessary activity outdoor activity when mosquito are most active
- wear long sleeves and long pants in mosquito infested area
- staying in air conditioned, well netted housing
- if your host has improper housing netting sleep inside a bed net
- wear skin or non skin mosquito repellent ( skin repellent is a spray that goes on your skin and keeps away mosquito. Non skin repellent you spray on clothes, tent, coats, etc. )
Additional History Facts
Human Yellow Fever Symptoms. Digital image. Flickr. Flickr, 27 Feb. 2013. Web. 18 Dec. 2014.
Jurmain, Suzanne. The Secret of the Yellow Death: A True Story of Medical Sleuthing. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2009. Print.
Yellow fever bactirium. Digital image. Flickr. Flickr, 29 July 2014. Web. 18 Dec. 2014.
"Yellow Fever (jungle Yellow Fever, Urban Yellow Fever)." New York State. Nev York State. Web. 02 Dec. 2014.
"Yellow Fever." Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic. Web. 30 Nov. 2014.