Dates to Know
- 1 Boomerang Lunch Program Starts (see "Cafeteria Experiment" below)
- 8 Board of Education Meeting
- 10 Spring Picture Day
- 15-19 Spring Break-School Closed
- 22 Delayed Opening for Students - School Begins at 10:45am
- 25 Take Your Daughter/Son to Work Day
- 26 Hickory Pizza Day
- 29 & 30 NJSLA (Formerly PARCC) Testing Grade 5
- 1 & 2 NJSLA Testing Grade 5
- 3, 6-8 NJSLA Testing Grade 4
- 6-10 Staff Appreciation Week
- 7 Staff Appreciated Day
- 9 & 10 NJSLA Testing Grade 5 Science
- 16 PTO Meeting -9:15 am in Cafeteria
- 16 3rd Grade Parent Orientation -7:00 pm
- 17 Field Day
- 17 Hickory Tree Pizza Day
- 21 PTO Assemblies/Music Technology 9:00 am & 10:30am
- 27 Memorial Day-School Closed
- 28 Delayed Opening for Students - School Begins at 10:45 am
- 31 Rain Date for Field Day
Beyond the benefits to the environment and the amount of waste we are throwing out at school, I think that it is important for parents to become more aware of what is being eaten and what is being thrown away. This week, I stood and watched a student open a container of strawberries and dump the whole thing in the garbage. A turkey sandwich was not even taken out of the wrapper and tossed in the garbage and ripe looking apple was tossed with as little as a nibble taken out. Their explanations are aplenty from "they were too squishy", "I don't like turkey sandwiches" or "I don't feel like eating an apple today". With the cost of food forever rising, the Boomerang Lunch will allow you to actually see what is being eaten in school and make adjustments to their daily lunch and hopefully your weekly grocery bill. Couple this idea with a litterless lunch and we'll be the most environmental conscience school in the District.
** Please note that this does not apply to students who buy lunch. They will be allowed to throw away their materials at school.
PTO Chairs for 2019-2020 - Sign Up Information
Spring Spiritwear Sale
Final Spring Spirit Wear Sale!! Please take a peek at all of our new HOT items!! Headbands, pinnies , rucksacks-and much much more!!! You won’t want to miss out on this one... store is open NOW!!! Happy Shopping!!! Use the link below to start shopping!!! The store will be open until March 31st.”
Our 2018/2019 Lafayette Yearbook is on sale now through Friday, April 12.
It features 108 pages in full color. There are individual pictures of all students and staff, as well as small group pictures of band, chorus, orchestra, other clubs, and many candid pictures. The price is $20.00.
You can only purchase your yearbook online at www.inter-state.com/yearbook
When prompted enter the code 32849H, your child's name, grade, teacher, etc. The publisher strongly encourages families to print your receipt.