January 27, 2023
The past week has been a very difficult time for our campus and more importantly the family of Mireya. We want to thank all the individuals that came out this past Thursday to celebrate her life. Also a huge thank you to the kindness, support, and words of encouragement from many of Highlands community partners.
We share in your concern and sadness regarding the loss of a child. I understand you want to know more about what happened, but out of respect for the family we are unable to share additional information publicly at this time. When Cedar Hill ISD is able to share information the district’s communication department will provide it.
Our mission is to "Educate every child every day; whatever it takes," and our vision is "Excellence for every student and staff member!" This is our promise to you and your scholar.
Here at Highlands we are Unleashing New Opportunities everyday because WE ARE UNO!
Attendance Goal of 98%
Below are the campus attendance rates for January. Please support the 98% goal by ensuring your scholar is on time and here daily.
Student success starts with showing up on time daily and staying till 3:35pm. Please help us support your scholar by getting them here everyday.
WE CAN DO THIS! WE ARE UNO!
100th Day Of School- Thursday February 2nd
Your scholar may dress like they are 100 years old or decorate a shirt/sweater with 100 items. We would love for each scholar to participate to celebrate such an accomplishment.
Scholars will have different activities during the day to celebrate the 100th day of school.
Speak Up- We Need Your Voice!
We are hosting an event to hear from the community and work together for steps towards progress. Please use the link below to voice concerns and more importantly offer solutions. We look forward to the team work.
Black History Month Dress Up Days
- Wednesday- Red, Green, or Black attire or Traditional dress from any African Country with jeans or dress code bottom
- Friday- Historically Black College and University Attire or Influential African American Individuals Attire
ALL PRO DAD VOLUNTEERS
- M-F 7:35-8:05- Outside Arrival Support (Ensuring Student Safety, Greeting Scholars with Smiles, Opening Doors, and Directing Traffic)
- M-F 10:20-1:35 Lunch Duty ( Ensuring Student Safety, Maintaining Cafeteria Expectations, Helping with lunch needs)
- M-F 7:35-8:05- Outside Dismissal Support (Ensuring Student Safety, Dismissing Scholars with Smiles, Opening Doors, and Directing Traffic)
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to volunteer time to check in at the front office.
All volunteers must check-in at the front office and may not enter any other door
Please have on your ALL Pro Dad Shirt or Sweater and your ID upon check-in.
Please complete the application. This must be completed to volunteer on campus.
Lunch at Highlands- Friday ONLY
Thank you in advance for your attention to these success guidelines:
- No filming or photos of students or staff
- Please utilize the designated parent tables in the cafeteria to enjoy lunch with your scholar
- Please only provide outside food to your scholar
COUNSELORS CORNER - Ms. Felicia Williams
CHISD MENTAL HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS
1. HAMILTON COUNSELING & CONSULTING
Address: 777 E Wheatland Rd Suite #101, Duncanville, TX 75116
At any time, students, staff, and families may contact the 24/7/365 multilingual team of Care Companions at 888-515-0595 or use your custom link: caresolace.com/cedarhill, to confidentially find providers on your own.
3. LIFEOLOGIE COUNSELING CEDAR HILL
Address: 610 Uptown Blvd Suite 4000, Cedar Hill, TX 75104
4. TCHATT (TEXAS CHILD ACESS HEALTH THROUGH TELEMEDICINE)
WE ARE UNO! WE CARE! If we can be of any support, please email me at email@example.com. Please use your scholar's initials and school ID (lunch number) for confidentiality.
Thank you for trusting us with your most precious and valuable gifts: YOUR Children!
RECURSOS FAMILIARES DE SALUD MENTAL
1. HAMILTON COUNSELING & CONSULTING
Dirección: 777 E Wheatland Rd Suite #101, Duncanville, TX 75116
En cualquier momento, los estudiantes, el personal y las familias pueden comunicarse con el equipo multilingüe de Care Companions las 24 horas del día, los 7 días de la semana, los 365 días del año al 888-515-0595, o usar su enlace personalizado: caresolace.com/cedarhill para encontrar proveedores de manera confidencial por su cuenta.
3. LIFEOLOGIE COUNSELING Cedar Hill
Dirección: 610 Uptown Blvd Suite 4000, Cedar Hill, TX 75104
Comuníquese con la oficina para obtener servicios en la oficina.
4. TCHATT (Acceso a la salud infantil de Texas a través de la telemedicina) Inglés/español
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL REMINDERS
- Have your white or purple dismissal card visible at all times during dismissal
- Avoid last minute changes to your scholars method home
- Communicate with the teacher 2-3 days in advance of any changes to dismissal
- Highlands staff will only accept students to change dismissal methods when communicated by the parent first.
- DO NOT ENTER the parking lot through the exit lanes
- Follow the directions of the staff that are on duty during dismissal
- All student after 3:50 must be picked up in the front at door 1
Events have been color coded to help us all keep track. See Below for the key:
- Purple= Community Events that are open to the community to attend
- Blue= Campus events only for Scholars and Staff
- Black= Student Assessments
- Green= Holidays and Recognitions
- Red= School Closures