Week 2 Edition of the Mayfield Messenger
Message from Dr. Frischkorn
Good Evening Mayfield Intermediate School students and families!
Thank you for a very successful 2nd week of school. We are eight days into the school year, and we can see our students and staff transitioning nicely into the new routines of the school year. We are incredibly excited about our school's direction, and we can't wait to see our students continue to grow and learn with the help and support of our excellent staff at Mayfield Intermediate School.
Dr. Donald Frischkorn
Back-to-School Night at Mayfield Intermediate
Tuesday, Sep. 6th, 5-7pm
9400 Mayfield Court
Create you Parent Portal Account
Creating Your Parent Portal Account
- Go to this URL: https://ps.mcpsva.org/public/home.html
- Click on Create Account.
- Click on Create Account again.
- Enter your information (first name, last name, email, desired username, and password). Please note the password must be at least six (6) characters long.
- In the Link Students to Account section, enter your child’s name, access ID, and access password (included on the letter mailed home). Identify your relationship with the child. Repeat this step if you have additional children attending MCPS. You can link up to seven different accounts.
- When you are finished, click Enter.
- After you click Enter, you will be brought to the Student and Parent Sign In page, where you can access your Parent Portal Account.
- If you forget your username or password, click the forgot username or password option at the bottom of the sign-in screen. Enter your username and email address that was used to establish the account, and you will receive an email allowing you to reset your password.
Parent Portal Dashboard
The Parent Portal has a blue header running across the upper portion of the screen. If a parent has more than one child linked to his/her account, the parent can view different children by clicking on each student's name. On the left side of the screen is the main navigation menu and each option is defined below:
- Grades/Attendance: Displays grades and attendance.
- Grade History: Shows a summary of grades for each year the student has been enrolled.
- Attendance History: Provides an attendance report for the current term.
- E-mail Notification: Allows parents to select options for email alerts.
- Teacher Comments: Displays the selected terms, teacher comments, by class.
- School Bulletin: Displays an daily announcement the school may have posted for parents.
- Class Registration: Allows parents to view student's course requests for the upcoming year if the school uses online course registration.
- My Schedule: Provides a view of a student’s current schedule.
- School Information: Provides contact information for the school that a student attends.
- Account Preferences: Allows parents to change their login credentials or add additional students to their account.
- Returning Student Registration: Provides parents the opportunity to update their address, phone numbers, email address, emergency contacts, etc. This is only available during the months of August and September.
Encore Class Rotations are Going Well
In the next couple of weeks, our students will have the opportunity to select their music class for the school year. Students will have the option to choose between orchestra, band, and chorus. The students will provide their top two choices for a music class, and our music teachers, along with the support of our school counselors, will schedule the students into their desired music class. Again, students have three options for music this year:
Thank You Osbourn High School!
ATTENTION 6th GRADE STUDENTS
Here are the sports that start on August 23.
- Girls Track
- Girls Volleyball
- Boys Soccer