September 23, 2019
Almost Time for the 2019 IMLEA Conference!!
4 pm: Meet & Greet-Registration, Hotel Check in, Visit Vendors
5 pm: Keynote by Dr. Buddy Berry
6 pm: Performance by East Washington MS Rock Band, "2 Infinity"
7 am: Registration Open, Breakfast Available
7:50 am: Conference Welcome
8 am: Keynote by Lori Desautels, PhD
Followed by Concurrent Sessions, Luncheon, Vendors
3:10 pm Conclusion
Boredom Busters Book Available at Conference; Get it Autographed by Katie Powell!
Schools to Watch Deadline: Now October 14
Champions Together Trainings Planned
How to Talk to Middle Schoolers about What Matters Most
Speaking of Talking...
You Can Write for Our Newsletter!
Apply for a Free Author Visit through Indiana Humanities
Highlights included in the 9-23-19 Update document below: Thank You for sharing these Updates with your staff.
- New on LTG – Current Events – When Disasters Strike – Lesson Plans and Types of Actions Youth Can Take
- INSPIRE3 Spotlight on Service-Learning Article – How Do You Spell Relief
- Highlighted Snapshots of Service-learning stories from Greenfield Jr. H.S., Memorial Elementary, South Ripley Jr. H.S., Rochester M.S., and Protsman Elementary– View all here
- LTG TeachOne– “Words Bring Peace” and “calming kits” project
- LTG Ten Ways to Get Started page here
- INSPIRE3 Mini-Grants available for 2019-2020 school year. Click here for requirements
- INSPIRE3 contact information for free on site PD or interest in area workshop
- IMLEA Conference – Sept. 29-30 – Leading from the Middle
September 23-27: College Go Week
September 25: 50 Top Edtech Tools for the Classroom, edweb.net Webinar, 5 pm ET
September 26: DOE/Skillful Webinar on Career Coaching for K-12 Students, 12:30 pm ET
September 29-30, 2019: IMLEA Conference, Indianapolis Marriott North
October 7: DOE Fall eLearning Book Club Launches, Shake Up Learning by Kasey Bell
October 8: DOE Webinar on eLearning Days, 4 pm ET
October 14: Deadline to Submit Schools to Watch Application
October 14-18: 5th Annual #DigCitSummit Online (International)
November 7-9: AMLE Annual Conference, Nashville, TN
Until October...And Exciting Membership News!
Next week's edition will come out after our conference, and will include details of a new membership initiative. Please forward this newsletter to staff or anyone else who might benefit from the content, especially your new teachers. If you did not receive past editions, or would like to share some of them, they can be found here.