Soliman, Courtney, Damian, & Sarah
Involvement in the Holocaust
Adolf Hitler was the leader of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945, he initiated World War 2. German Nationalism is what motivated him to gain power in Germany. In addition to the SS (Schutz-Staffel) German government, Military, and Nazi Party Officials were the ones who planned and initiated policies for murdering the European Jews. Hitler used the Great Depression to his advantage and rose to power because people were desperate for options. Hitler seized power January 30th 1933. In Germany concentration camps were set up. In 1935 the infamous Nuremberg laws were passed. This now classed Jews as German subjects. In mid September 1941 Hitler ordered the beginning of mass deportations of Jews from Germany to ghettos in eastern Europe. At the end of the Holocaust 11 million lives had been taken. After six years of war the Nazi dictator decided to take his own life, but before doing so he decided to thank the one person who's been loyal to him the entire time. On the morning of April 29th 1945 in a civil bunker Hitler married his mistress of many years, Eva Braun.
Facts About Hitler
- He was born in Braunau Am Inn, Austria on April 20th, 1889.
- He died in Berlin, Germany on April 30th 1945.
- His first wife was a Jew
- He and his second wife both committed suicide together the day after their wedding and their bodies were burned.
- He and his wife both killed themselves by swallowing a cyanide capsule and shooting themself in the head.
- He was 5"9
- His spouse was Eva Braun (1912-1945)
- Hitler was a vegetarian who was diligent about food testing.
- A rumor went around that Hitler bred an army of talking dogs.
- Hitler loved Disney, his favorite movie was King Kong because of the special effects.
- He practiced for speeches by taking photos of himself making speeches.
- Hitler was a big fan of German art.
- Hitler was rejected from art school twice.
- Hitler applied to serve in the army for Germany, and was accepted in 1914, even though he was still an Austrian citizen.
- Adolf's mother, born Klara Polzl, was 23 years younger than her husband. In their marriage they had 6 children but only 2 survived.
- In 1907 Hitler's mother died of cancer
- Hitler had a sister named Paula
- He was almost a priest.
- He had near death experiences around 42 times.
- The word "Holocaust" is from the Greek words "holos" (whole) and "kaustos" (burned),