GO 'FOURTH' AND LEARN
News from Mrs. Priebe's 4th grade class
THANK YOU - Parent Teacher Conferences!
I enjoyed meeting with you during Parent - Teacher Conferences! Thank you all for partnering with me in your child's education! It was a wonderful week! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding your child's conference. My door is always open!
Here are a few of the websites I discussed at conferences! Please encourage your child to utilize these great resources at home! Thank you!
IXL.COM (Math website)
CONNECTED.MCGRAW-HILL.com (Reading / Grammar / Spelling Website)
SPELLINGCITY.COM (Spelling Homepage)
They are rocking readers!! The students have accepted the challenge! So far, we are leading the school in the number of books read!
Keep reading fourth graders!!
2nd Quarter Incentive - 2,600 books read as a school = PAJAMA / GAME Day
Top class partipates in a scavenger hunt created by Mrs. Hausmann!
STUDENT OF THE MONTH
This was the first month our classroom celebrated Student of the Month. The Student of the Month award is awarded to one fourth grader (alternates 4th grade classrooms) a month for demonstrating outstanding qualities. I was ticked pink to recognize Danae Fox for the SOM award for October. Here are a few of Danae's outstanding qualities:
- shows initiative ... takes care of our classroom community, extremely helpful
- very friendly... wears a smile... is a friend to all students
- completes quality homework on time .... uses study time wisely
- hard working, willing to go the extra mile
- asks questions for understanding .. showing academic growth in all areas
- shows leadership - positive role model in our classroom and school
- shows citizenship - very polite and considerate ... willing to listen and share
- contributes and participates in class discussions ... shows pride in work
- shows responsibility - very dependable in completing classroom jobs
- a fun person to be around!
Spelling List - Unit 2 Week 3
Fourth Grade Resources
I created this LiveBinder this summer for my new fourth grade scholars! This binder is full of helpful websites and tools to assist your child. It's similar to a virtual live bookmarking website. I update the binder often! Enjoy!