September 8 - 11, 2015 at Central Elementary
A Strong Start
Here's to a successful year focused on our mission statement...
Davison Community Schools: "Where Kids Come First and Futures Begin"
Developing strong Relationships with our students and their families will enable us to deliver an exemplary Curriculum which provides exceptional Opportunities for student learning. Student learning is the key to everything we do!
I look forward to working with all of you throughout the year as we revisit, assess (with data), and reflect on the goals we have set both as individuals and as a team. We have the talents and the ability to travel a journey toward excellence. Pointing our compass toward student ;earning will allow us to focus on what we can do to achieve our mission.
The new plan provides closer support for students as they learn the ins and out of bus dismissal during the first week. However, close teacher supervision in hallways will still make the old plan work better than last year. Last year's plans will also serve as our "inclement weather dismissal" plan.
Please note: Both the new dismissal plan and the "inclement weather plan" dismiss parent pick-up and walkers first so we can clear the area for buses and reduce traffic congestion which is always a bit more challenging on the first two days of school. Assistance of all staff members during dismissal is appreciated! :)
The Week at Central
- Tuesday, September 8 - First Day for Students; Cardinal Code Lessons
- Wednesday, September 9 - Staff Meeting 7:35 - 8:15 AM in Library...Agenda: Dir. of Student Serv. Holly Halabicky on Significant Disproportionality and Discipline Options
- Thursday, September 10 - How is your CA-60 Review coming along?
- Friday, September 11 - Fundraiser Kick-off Assemblies in Gym: Grades 1-2 from 10-10:25 AM; Grades 3-4 from 10:30 - 11 AM.
- Sept. 14- DIBELS Assessment Begins (Grades 1-4); STAR Math Assessment Begins (Grades 2-4); DPA CMC @ 4:15 PM
- Sept. 15- PTO Election Meeting 6 PM
- Sept. 16 - Lance @ admin. 9:30-Noon); ACC Meeting 4:15 - 6:15 PM
- Sept. 17 - Lance @ admin/Prin. Mtg. (9:30 - Noon); Watch-Dog Kick-off Pizza Dinner @ 6:30 PM in cafeteria
- September 18 - Grade Level Team Leaders Meeting (7:40 AM); CA-60 reviews complete
- Sept. 22 - PLCs Grades 1-4...Student Ranking/ Bottom 30%, etc.
- Sept. 23- Staff Meeting: Epi-Pen & Asthma Inservice (Playground & Paras attend too)
- Sept. 24 - PLC CAP Teachers (2-3:30 PM tentative)
- Sept. 25- DIBELS & STAR Math Assessment ends
- Sept. 28 - Supt. Task Force Mtg. 6 pm
A Question for the Year
Wishing you the blessings, wisdom, perseverance and grit that leads to success!