Mrs. Ray's Pre-K Weekly Newsletter
Week 27: March 21 - 25
Stephen Fite Concert:
Our field trip to see Stephen Fite will be THIS Wednesday, March 23rd. If you payed to join us at the concert please make sure to have your Background Check in the office & receive your field trip badge BEFORE this day!!!! Even if you pre-paid, if you do not have this done, you can not join us on the field trip!!!! Also, plan to either follow the bus or meet us at the Civic Center in your own car. We will load the buses around 9:00 and arrive at the Civic Center at 9:30 so we have plenty of time to get seated before the concert starts at 10:00. We WILL have a sign out sheet at the concert if you chose to take your child home after so that you do not have to come all the way back to the school.
Easter is EARLY this year...and this next week! Just to give you a heads up of what will be happening this week:
- We will have a PK wide Easter Egg Hunt the MORNING of Thursday, March 24th at 10:00.
- All students will need to bring at least 15 filled plastic eggs for the hunt. We will make our "baskets" at school & we do encourage you to join our child to help them hunt for eggs. After the hunt we will go straight to lunch...you are invited to stay and eat with your child if you would like, you can leave to go back to work, or there will be a sign-out sheet in the classroom if you would like to take your child and start the Easter weekend a little early :-)
- Friday, March 25 is Good Friday and there will NO SCHOOL
This Week's Theme: Easter
- Letters: Ee is for Easter Eggs (makes a long & short vowel sound)
- Fine Motor Skills - glueing small objects
- Beginning Sounds
- Building/Writing Names (some have moved on to Last Names)
- ABB Pattern review
- Recognizing/Counting/Writing the number 8
- Color PURPLE - sing, name, find!
- Oval shape
Science / Social Studies
- Animals that come from an egg
Mystery Readers are a favorite day during our week...and we especially love family members coming into our classroom!!!
We loved the St. Patrick's Day book that Lane's Hunny read aloud!
St. Patrick's Day Snack
We especially loved the St. Patrick's Day snack that she brought to along with the book! Yum!!!