Ozaukee Elementary Update
September 25, 2020
Seleccionar: traducir a la derecha (en español)
Thank you for your cooperation and continued support in your child’s education.
OES student pictures were taken on September 14th by NETWORK Photography. Proofs should be delivered soon - you can order pictures online at that time.
Picture Retake Day is October 19 from 8-10 am. Here is additional information from Network Photography:
STUDENTS THAT NEED TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED:
If students have not been photographed this school year, please be prepared to have a photograph taken on re-take day.
STUDENTS THAT WOULD LIKE RE-TAKE PHOTOS:
If you want a re-take of your student’s original portrait, please return the original package in its entirety to the photographer on re-take day. A replacement package will be printed and delivered to the school with your student’s new image. If you did not purchase photos from the original picture day and want a re-take, please have the student’s picture taken.
STUDENTS WHO WANT TO ORDER SCHOOL PICTURES FOR THE FIRST TIME:
If you would like to order school pictures for the first time, you can print and use the order form PDF Picture Order Form. Just fill out the order form and bring it with you to re-take day.
STUDENTS WHO DID NOT ORDER SCHOOL PICTURES AND WOULD LIKE TO ORDER AT A LATER TIME:
If you do not order your student’s portrait on re-take day, you will still be able to order online for the entire school year. Approximately 3 weeks after the portrait is taken your student will bring home a proof form with their own secure private gallery password. Online orders get mailed directly to your home and will include a shipping charge of $4.50.
DELIVERY OF RE-TAKE PORTRAITS:
Re-take photos will be delivered to the school approximately three weeks after the re-take day.
Great Job Warriors on Masking Up!!
Ozaukee Face Mask sale - By Ozaukee Warrior Booster Club
Orders will be taken through Monday, October 5th - no late orders will be accepted. Masks will be delivered approximately the end of October.
If you are interested you may order your masks here - https://fs7.formsite.com/bradycorp/ozmasks2/index.html
Ozaukee Boys Youth Basketball grades 3- 8
Early Pick Up & Late Drop-Off Procedures
If your child will be arriving to school late or you are picking up early, please notify us.
You may come in our lobby and sign your child in. If your child is old enough to get in the doors by themselves, notify us the same way and we can help them sign in.
If you are picking up early - you can sign your child out in the lobby. We can make sure your child is here waiting or call for them if need be. Please remember to park in the parking lot and come in to the OES Lobby. Please do not park in the drop-off zone in front of school.
OES PBS (Positive Behavioral System) Parent Information Letter
Click on the button to see the communication that was sent out to our NOSD families via email.
To our A.M. & P.M. Walkers and Bikers -
**OES MORNING DROP-OFF & AFTERNOON PICK-UP PROCEDURE & SAFETY REMINDERS**
Thank you to all for your cooperation & patience with the new procedures. Things are running much more smoothly!
Both cars & buses are using the front parking lot area driveway & curbside drop-off areas for OES students.
A few Important Safety Reminders for Arrival Procedures:
- Please do not arrive early! Supervision & student drop-off time begins at 8:25 AM. Vehicles should not be lined up prior to that time. Follow directions on posted signs.
- Cars stay to the right of the approach/drop-off lane. Yield to buses moving into the left lane as they approach the elementary parking lot area near the sign that says "Student Drop" and "OHS-District offices". (see photo below)
- NO stopping of cars on the curve at the end of the driveway along 57 as you approach the OES building (to allow for buses to make the turn).
- Students ready: coat on, mask on, backpack closed & ready to exit vehicle
- PLEASE NOTE: Students exit on right side of vehicle curbside (not into traffic). *Please move car seat/booster seat to the right side of vehicle if possible. THIS IS A BIG SAFETY CONCERN as cars & buses move past on the left side!
- Only the student should be exiting the car (unless needing assistance out of a car seat buckle or harness) to allow for quicker departure.
- Watch for other cars & buses as you pull away from the curb to exit and travel in the left lane. YIELD TO BUSES!
- All students enter the building starting at 8:25 AM. Students who bike or walk to school should not be arriving prior to 8:25 AM.
A few Important Safety Reminders for Dismissal Procedures:
- Please do not arrive early! Supervision & student pick-up time begins at 3:40 PM. The 4K & 5K students pack up a few minutes earlier at 3:30 PM in order to get to their areas on time. ALL STUDENTS DISMISS AT 3:40 PM. *Wednesday Early Release Dismissal is at 2:50 PM. Vehicles should not be lined up prior to that time. Vehicles parked in that lane will be asked to park in the lot or circle the parking lot until dismissal time (similar to airport procedures).
- PLEASE NOTE: Students enter on right side of vehicle curbside (not into traffic on left side). *Please move car seat/booster seat to the right side of vehicle if possible. THIS IS A BIG SAFETY CONCERN as cars & buses move past on the left side!
- Watch for other cars & buses as you pull away from the curb to exit and travel in the left lane. Yield to buses!
Thank you for your attention and following of these safety procedures. Be patient and courteous of others in the parking lot. Thank you.
*Instructions & reminders from the bus company:
- Students ages 5+ wear a mask on the bus.
- Students follow seating chart: younger students sit in the front; siblings sit together; students are arranged according to bus stops
- **Be on time for bus pick-up...buses are running a tight schedule. If your child misses the bus, the bus must complete its run and drop-off all other students at school. Call the bus company and they will advise you if a bus is able to come back for your child or if you need to provide transportation. If this happens frequently, you will be contacted by the bus company.
- **There will not be bus passes issued for students to ride another route or get dropped off at another stop.
Dates for your Calendar
October 9 - No School Day for Staff and Students
October 19 - Picture Retake Day
October 27 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-7 PM
October 28 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 3-7 PM
October 29 - Term 1 Ends
October 30 - No School for Students/ Teacher Records Day
OES Start and End Times:
8:35 - 3:40 - OES
Early Release (Wednesdays) starting on Sept. 2nd
8:35 - 2:50 - OES
State of WI Mandate Communication Letter for Parents/Guardians
Click above to view OES procedures for welcoming students back to school.
Click above to view OES procedures for welcoming students back to school. (Spanish version)
NEW THIS YEAR: NOSD Chromebook Policy and Chromebook Insurance (optional) includes OES students
If your child(ren) will be taking prescription medication at school you will need to fill this form out and bring with the prescription medication (in original bottle) to the district nurse.
Like Us on Facebook!
NOSD PTR https://www.facebook.com/NOSDPTR