Thursday, Feb. 3, 2022
BLACK HISTORY MONTH Is a celebration of the contributions of and achievements by African Americans and a time for recognizing their central role in U.S. history and today we have the story of a local man who works -- year-round -- to share stories about Blacks who fought for our country. That's right below and we also have another update on the Buckley Elementary School renovation, the status of next year's proposed school budget and more. Like OneManchester? You can subscribe by clicking here.
Manchester Energy Efficiency Series
Next Year's School Budget
- Btw, the BoE sends its approved budget to the general manager, who sends his proposed town budget to the BoD, which makes the final decision about departmental appropriations.
- And did you know: For BoE meetings, you can submit questions for the superintendent and also participate remotely in public comment. Here's how to be heard.
Around the District
- If you’re interested in helping raise money for the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge as a tribute to Joe Erardi, a former MHS teacher and admin now fighting cancer, please click here.
- The Manchester Scholarship Foundation will be awarding hundreds of thousands of dollars to Manchester’s graduating high school seniors. The application is online and active at: www.manchesterscholarship.org.
- The TLC Foundation (Diyeso-Lewis Group Home) is seeking new house parents and we have more information here.
Last Call For Family Survey
We want to hear from you! In order to make it easier and faster to provide feedback, we have developed four BRIEF surveys for the school year connected to district improvement planning. The 9-question January survey is linked here and here are the translation instructions: Translate on a computer / Translate on a mobile device
Six More Weeks Of Winter
The Week Ahead, Etc.
Thursday, Feb. 3
7 p.m. -- BOE meeting at Lincoln Center.
Monday, Feb. 7
7-8 p.m. -- Can and bottle redemption to benefit World-Wide Lighthouse Mission’s outreach program at 723 Main St.
Tuesday, Feb. 8
6:30 p.m. -- Manchester Women's Club meeting at Manchester High School.
7 p.m. -- BOD meeting (remote).
Wednesday, Feb. 9
6 - 8 p.m. -- Middle School Nights at Mary Cheney Library.
- Manchester Matters: Free at-home COVID-19 vaccine clinics; Manchester Art Association exhibit at Town Hall runs through April 7.
Manchester Adult and Continuing Education: Meet ESL teacher Raquel Hutton (the former Ms. Pipkin) who has lived in Peru, Paraguay and Venezuela, and learn a few fun facts about the Chinese New Year.
Better Manchester: A feature on the Lunar New Year; Manchester is looking for a new Assistant (Town) Manager.