LIFT Weekly Update
All about the Student Ministries at First Baptist Covington
After a busy early Fall and a fantastic Middle School Mystery Retreat, I am ready for things to smooth out a little...at least for a couple weeks until the holidays make things crazy!
Tomorrow night, we have LIFT as usual. We'll have another round of "Know Your Emojis," some great music, and the continuation of our series, Necessary Sins! 6-7:30pm
Sunday night at LifeLine we'll run our very last World Religions Field Trip for the year with a trip to the Hindu Temple of Atlanta. We will leave the Annex at 4:30 and return by 8:30pm. Keep in mind that this is an observational trip, and it will all seem very unfamiliar and uncomfortable in some ways. But, as we understand these different religions better, we can better approach them and better defend our faith in the one true God!
Remember our major events coming up in 2015 as you plan for next year! We've got High School Big Day Out on February 7th, our Honduras Spring Break Mission Trip April 4th-9th, and next year's Summer Camp is July 13th-17th. Mark those calendars!
As you plan for 2015, keep in mind that it is good to begin planning not just the dates of upcoming events, but how you will pay for them. I encourage families to consider payments toward trips like Honduras or Summer Camp as possibilities for Christmas gifts. That is a good way to get family involved in support of these important opportunities in your child's life. Also, in the coming weeks we will begin the first of 2 fundraisers for the Honduras Trip. It will be a Student Labor Service, allowing students to offer up their help and skills to church members in exchange for money toward their mission trip. Services will include babysitting, leaf raking, yard work, house cleaning, car detailing, and anything else your student is willing to do. The holiday season may also be a good time to start sending out support letters for your trip.
The LIFT Supper Schedule is below, and our first one for the year is next week. Many of you signed up at our Parent Meeting. Let me know if you'd like to be added to an open spot!
- November 7th-9th - Middle School Mystery Retreat
- December 10th - LIFT Christmas Party
- December 17th - Student Testimony Night
- February 7th - High School Big Day Out!
- April 4th-9th - Honduras Spring Break Mission Trip
- July 13th-15th - Summer Camp @ Daytona Beach
Current Series @ LIFT!
Come check it out this Wednesday, 6-7:30pm!
LIFT Supper Schedule
We offer FREE dinner to our students once a month. Here's the schedule you signed up for!
Honduras Mission Trip Fundraiser
Beginning next week, the Student Labor Service will be open for raise funds for our trip on Spring Break!
LIFT Supper Schedule
Last Week's Message From LIFT!
Follow-Up Questions for Parents
· How have you been affected by gossip? How did it make you feel?
· What causes you to participate in gossip?
· How does gossip reflect our selfishness and sinfulness to God?
· Which of the practical steps to help you stay away from gossip stood out to you the most?
· How hard would it be for you to remove yourself from gossip and not listen to it?
· How does it make you feel to know that you will be held accountable before God for the words you say?