ADAMS CENTRAL ELEMENTARY PRINCIPAL UPDATE 8/5/20
Transportation Guidance & Reminders
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As we anticipate the start of the school year, understanding our transportation guidance and adhering to set schedules is going to be a key factor in making our year run smoothly. The following options are available to you and details for each are located below.
- Breakfast students
- Car Riders
- Bus Riders
LATCHKEY BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CHILDCARE
Latchkey services are available from 7:00-7:45 AM and 2:45-6:00 PM.
NOTE THIS CHANGE *Cars must be out of the south parking lot prior to the 7:40 bus arrival.
Students will be dropped off and picked up at the S-2 doors which are near the main south entrance.
Pricing is set at $3.00 per hour with a yearly $50 registration fee ($65/family).
Please contact Kady Fuhrmann viaemail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latchkey forms and handbook information can be found on the AC website.
- Students who walk to AC should enter through the S-3 doors no earlier than 7:45 AM.
- Students are expected to walk on sidewalks and use the crossing guard area located near the bank when making their way across HWY 124.
- If you wish to walk with the student to school, please walk with your student to the east end of the front sidewalk and allow the student to walk the remainder of the way independently.
- Students will exit through the S-3 doors.
- If you wish to walk a child home, please meet the student at the east end the front sidewalk nearest the bank.
MORNING DROP OFF
PARENT DROP OFF
Enter from the Polk Street entrance and remain in the right lane until you reach the end of the tennis courts. There you will merge left and approach the school.
- Students may arrive no earlier than 7:45 AM.
- Drop off at the W-1 doors.
- Please have students prepared to unload and a staff member will help them exit the vehicle.
MIDDLE SCHOOL SIBLINGS
If you have students in both elementary and middle school they will need to be dropped at the W-1 doors. We will no longer have supervision at the middle school dropoff area.
HIGH SCHOOL SIBLINGS
Elementary students riding with high school siblings will need to enter the Hangar and remain with the HS sibling until 7:45 when they will be dismissed to their classes.
Students who arrive with staff members must remain with their adult until 7:45 AM.
PARENT PICK UP
Enter from the Polk Street entrance and remain in the right lane until you reach the end of the tennis courts. There you will merge left and approach the school. We anticipate our car line being longer this year as a result of COVID. In an attempt to keep our lines moving we request your help with the following schedule.
Picking up a Kindergartener only?- Arrive on the property between 2:40-2:45
K-4 students? - Arrive between 2:45-3:00
5th grade and/or MS sibling- Arrive on the property no earlier than 3:00
MIDDLE SCHOOL SIBLINGS
If you have students in both elementary and middle school they will need to be picked up at the W-1 doors. We will no longer have supervision at the middle school dropoff area.
HIGH SCHOOL SIBLINGS
Elementary students riding home with high school siblings will need to wait in the cafeteria until the sibling comes to pick them up.
Students of MS/HS staff members will remain in the cafeteria until 3:05 when they will be dismissed to parents. Elementary students may go directly to the parent's room.
STOP & GO EVENT
To familiarize students with how to get to their classrooms
- Park in the north lot and enter through W-1 doors if your child will be dropped off
- Park in the south lot and enter through S-3 doors if your child will be a bus rider
- Masks are required for everyone entering the building
- We are requesting that only 1-2 adults and AC students attend
- Self-screen prior to attendance
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entrance
To limit traffic, please arrive during these suggested windows
- 5:00-5:30 Last Names A-H
- 5:35-6:05 Last Names I-N
- 6:10-6:40 Last Names O-T
- 6:45-7:15 Last Names U-Z
What to do
- Practice finding your classroom
- Meet your teacher
- Drop off School Supplies
- Grades 4-5 practice locker combinations (tentatively)
BOOK FEES ARE DUE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2. Fees for elementary must be paid separately from Middle/High School fees.
You may make payment in the elementary office in person or by mailing your payment to:
Adams Central Elementary
222 W. Washington St.
Monroe, IN 46772
Attn. Liz Davis
- Aug. 14 First Student Day
- Aug. 19, 8:30 AM Wednesday, delayed start begins
- Aug. 21 Elementary Picture Day
- Sept. 7 Labor Day, No school
- Oct. 16 End of 1st Quarter
- Oct. 23-26 Fall Break