Winthrop University Olga Shargorodskaya, Belarus
The objectives of the program were to:
- enhance teachers’ expertise and equip them with a deeper understanding of best practices in teaching methodologies, lesson planning, and the use of technology in teaching;
- create among TEA teachers a more nuanced understanding of the United States;
- develop productive and lasting relationships and mutual understanding between the TEA teachers and U.S. teachers and their students;
- contribute to improving teaching in participating countries by preparing participants to serve as teacher leaders, who, upon returning home, will apply and share their experience and skills with their peers and students.
The TEA Program at Winthrop was divided into three main parts:
1) interactive seminars and workshops focused on student-centered learning; student assessment; lesson planning; teacher leadership; discipline-specific teaching methods, strategies, and trends in instruction; and interactive educational technology;
2) field expierience at middle and high schools;
3) cultural activities.