Burglar Proof Lunch Box Challenge:
Uses of Energy Engineering Challenge
- What is the problem? (State the problem in your own words.)
- Explore and research the problem
- What two activities did your group choose to complete?
- Summarize how your explorations will be helpful in solving the design challenge.
3. Brainstorm and design a solution to the problem. Sketch or describe some possible solutions in the boxes below.
4. Build, test, and analyze your solution.
- Describe your plan before you begin construction.
- What type of energy does your project use as an alarm (electrical or sound)?
- Why did your group choose that type of energy?
- How does your alarm system work?
5. Improve or redesign and retest the solution.
- Can your lunch container be opened and closed easily?
- Is your lunch container 30 cm or less in size?
- Does the container keep the burglar out?
- Does the container alert you that someone is trying to take your lunch?
6. Present and share your solution
- Decide how you will share your solution with the class.
- Discuss who will demonstrate the system and who will talk about what you discovered.
7. Evaluate your solution:
- Was this the best solution to the problem? Explain.