NE State Fair 4-H Fashion Show Info
Fashion Show Tips
- Only bring the essentials into Raising Nebraska. You may leave your clothing and other things inside the dressing room while you model; however, these will not be secured.
- Volunteers are there to help! Feel free to ask them for whatever you need.
- The runway is quite lengthy, wear shoes that you can walk in!
- Smile & relax, there are not that many people out there!
- The judges are all really nice, and all of them have judged the State Fair Fashion Show before. Some of them have even modeled in the State Fair Fashion Show!
State Fair Marathon
Fashion Show Live Stream
Information from the previous update
Fashion Show Times
Shopping In Style
- Participants arrive & register between 8-8:30 AM
- Wool garments arrive & register at 8 AM & be ready for judging at 8:15 AM
SO, HOW WILL THIS WORK?
Participants will register and enter on the East side of Raising Nebraska, the entrance will be marked with a sign and a Registration table. Participants will get a packet which will include:
- A Handout with important reminders.
- A Copy of Your Narration - to use for rehearsal (please bring it with you when you go to the runway to practice).
- An Exhibitor Number - to denote 1) which dressing room they go to and 2) which order they will be in the show. Once dressed, please pin this on your garment (on the left front bodice of your garment).
- A Printed Copy of the 2022 NSF Fashion Show Program
Once an Exhibitor is admitted into the building, they are not allowed to leave until the show is over (unless released by a parent - in this case the parent needs to go to the registration table).
- Please stay in your assigned dressing room. This will help us keep the show in order.
- Dressing rooms are open to the contestants only - before, during, and after the Fashion Show.
There will be volunteers who are serving as our "Hostesses". Their jobs are to 1) assist in the dressing area, 2) help you get your exhibitor number pinned on, 3) remind you to get your photo taken, 4) line you up for the show, and 5) escort you to the runway. If you need to use the restroom, please ask your Hostess to let you in/out to use the restrooms in the Foyer.
If you are a BOY - your dressing room is the Men's restroom in the Lobby. You will need to be let back into the Raising Nebraska Exhibit. Please inform one of the Volunteers with the yellow shirts that you are using the restroom to change for the fashion show and you need to be let back in.
- Show #1: 8:10-8:45 AM
- Show #2: 10:10-10:45 AM
- Show #3: 12:10-12:30 PM
To rehearse, check-in with the volunteer at the beginning of the Runway (South end of the Pivot). Please maintain social distancing while rehearsing. Masks are not required, but encouraged.
- The runway will begin at the base of the Pivot (South end) - a volunteer will be positioned here to help. Your narration will be read. Background music will be playing.
- First, you will walk up the Side #1 (Right side) of the Pivot, then stop briefly on the "X" in the center of the runway. Pose at this time for a count of 4; please don't turn. The next exhibitor will begin to walk as soon as you leave the "X".
- Then, you will continue to walk up Side #1 to the end of the Pivot (North end) - a volunteer will be positioned here to help.
- Between Side #1 and Side #2 of the runway, you will model before the judges. Each participant will only model before one judge, for approximately one minute. You may model in a pattern (triangle, square, etc.) and turn. Be sure to show the judge all sides of your garment, and feature parts that you're most proud of. The judge will have your SF 25 or SF184 form that you submitted and may ask you questions.
- Once you have finished with the judge, you will walk back down Side #2 (Left side) of the Pivot, then stop on the "X" in the center of the runway. Pose again at this time for a count of 4.
- Near the end of the show, a volunteer will gather you to do the grand finale - where the whole group will walk down Side #1, then Side #2 of the runway (approximately 10-12 feet between each exhibitor).
- The admission line will form against the building at the Northeast doors to Raising Nebraska.
- This event is open to the public, no tickets are required this year.
- Doors will open 10-15 minutes before the show.
- Seating is on a first-come basis.
- We will not have paper Fashion Show programs, but will have a digital copy that you can access on your device found at: https://go.unl.edu/22fashionshowprogram.
- The Wool award will be announced at the conclusion of Show #1 - award winner will display their garment in the 4-H Design Gallery in the 4-H Static Exhibit Building
- Best of Show awards will be awarded at the conclusion of Show #1 and Show #2 - award winners will display their garment in the 4-H Design Gallery in the 4-H Static Exhibit Building
- A Quilt of Valor will be awarded to a veteran between Show #1 and Show #2 (approximately 10:15 a.m.)
Meet Your Fashion Show Superintendents
Issues on Fashion Show Day?
Jacie Milius | Co-Superintendent
Nebraska Extension in Gage County
Focus area: Entrepreneurship, STEM & College/Career Readiness
Call/Text me at (402) 433-0561
Stacey Keys | Co-Superintendent
Nebraska Extension in Thurston County
Focus area: STEM, Careers, Technology, Summer Reading Program, Positive Youth Development
Call/Text me at (402) 322-2937