Coaching is NOT...
- An opportunity to have a teaching "partner" - someone to co-plan, co-teach, and learn with
- Guided by standards-based learning goals, Flint School's Weebly and Curriculum, and on building plans/initiatives
- Analyzing student data/evidence to drive instructional decisions
Coaching Cycle Model
What does Student-Centered Coaching Look Like?
- Roughly 4-6 Weeks
- Co-planning (lessons/subjects of your choice) 1 time per week
- Implement plans and co-teach 1-2 days per week
- Can take place individually or in groups
The document above explains the process of the coaching cycle.
- Step 1 and 2: Conversations about what you want your students to know and be able to do
- Step 3: Pre-Assess - can be NWEA or an ILC focus
- Step 4 and 5: Co-Plan and Co-Teach (this is where we will spend the bulk of our time)
- Step 6: Post-Assess and measure success
District Updates from your Building Instructional Coach...
Monday-Tuesday: Holmes STEM Academy (Data Room)
Wednesday-Thursday: Potter Elementary (Room E)
Friday AM: Holmes STEM Academy (Data Room)
Friday PM: Potter Elementary (Room E)
For detailed information, please see schedule posted outside our "office" in your building.
Danielle's Email: email@example.com
Shannon's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org