Outreach and Advocacy Services for Immigrant Student Success
We are looking for an EVC student to work with us part time and remote!
· Read the courts straightforward decision here
· Access the CCC FREE Legal Services for a consultation and assistance
We will share additional information and resources as they become available.
EVC FREE Wifi
-Enter through EVC’s Main Entrance on Yerba Buena Road to get to WIFI designated area (green star);
-Follow the route highlighted by orange arrows and park within identified area;
-Utilize the one entrance (blue star) and one exit (pink star).
Loaner Laptop Program
Don't forget we have laptops and hotspots to loan at zero cost if you need one.
This coming year invest in YOU!💥
If the answer is "Yes!" to all of the above and you're a young Latina age 19-29 in the Bay Area, consider applying for the Engaged Latina Leadership Activist Program. It's a six-month program that will keep you motivated and accountable. Learn to inspire those around you, lead with a cause and grow into the best version of yourself.
Application are now open and can be found at https://bit.ly/ELLA2021.
We invite you to join us on February 6, 2021 for our
30th Annual Stanford University Minority Medical Alliance (SUMMA) Conference.
The goal of SUMMA is to increase diversity in the health professions in order to better care for underserved communities. Our annual pre-medical conference is one of the oldest on the west coast and draws hundreds of students from throughout the Bay Area.
We are excited to offer this virtual conference experience, simulating that of our in-person meeting with concurrent tracks, educational sessions, networking opportunities, and social activities.
Accepting Referrals into the COVID-19 Emergency Homelessness Prevention Program (CEHPP)
Work2future in Collaboration with more than Thirty "Bridge to Recovery" Community Agencies has Launched a Work Experience Program Funded by the City of San Jose
San Jose CARES WEX provides income assistance for lower-income individuals who lost jobs during the COVID pandemic. You qualify if you are:
- Must be a resident of the City of San Jose
- Lost hours or job due to COVID-19; Exhausted Unemployment Insurance; Someone in your household lost hours or job due to COVID-19
- legally able to work in the United States
- 18 years of age or older
Click the link to get started: https://work2future.org/sjcares/
Medi-Cal Expansion Enrollment for Young Adults
Software Development Apprenticeship
December 3, 2020: Application opens.
December 10-24, 2020: First round screening +
introductory Treehouse course.
January 5-15, 2021: Final interviews (phone or
January 21, 2021: Receive your offer to join the
Apprenticeship Pathway Program!
The Application Deadline is January 8, 2021
Apply today: https://anitab.org/apprenticeship
National Labs have Internships for College Students Summer 2021! (Click Image for more info)
Immigrants Rising: Wellness Gatherings
**NEW** Santa Clara County Food Resources Locator
Check out this new tool that helps you find food resources near you in Santa Clara County!
Silicon Valley Strong is helping struggling families find more than 400 locations with free, nutritious food countywide, using our interactive map: bit.ly/SVStrongFood.
Scholarship & Fellowship Opportunities
$20,000 UCSC Scholarship
Submit Application to email@example.com by February 5, 2020 before 11:59pm Pacific Time
Student Application Instructions
- Download and fill-out attached fillable scholarship application completely. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Apply for fall 2021 admission to UC Santa Cruz by submitting the UC Application for Undergraduate Admission before extension deadline: apply.universityofcalifornia.edu
- Collect two letters of recommendation
- At least one letter must be from a faculty member.
- The other letter should be from an individual who is able to comment on such areas as extracurricular activities, leadership skills, commitment, and dedication, etc.
- Obtain Transcripts from all colleges attended. Unofficial copies are acceptable.
- EVC Unofficial Transcript must be included
- Screenshots and Degree Audits won't be accepted
- Apply for financial aid by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application by March 2, 2021. Students on a non-immigrant visa (e.g., F-1, J-1, etc.) are not eligible for this award.
All items below should be submitted in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Scholarship Application
2. Personal Statement
2. Two Letters of Recommendation
3. All Up-to-Date College Transcripts
Note: only accepting PDF submissions
- Immigrants Rising List of Scholarships and Fellowships
- Silicon Valley Foundation- siliconvalleycf.org/scholarship
- Dreamers Roadmap (Phone Application)
- DACA Scholars- DACA Scholars is a free mobile app that features scholarship opportunities for undocumented students.
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF)
- My Undocumented Life
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowship (Nationwide): Open to undocumented graduate students with or without DACA. Note: As you are preparing your application, make sure to check out our recent webinar featuring PD Soros Fellows! [Deadline: 10/29/20]
- UC President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship (Nationwide): Open to undocumented graduate students with DACA. [Deadline: 11/1/20]
- Ford Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship (Nationwide): Open to undocumented graduate students with DACA. [Deadline: 12/17/20]
Financial Aid Applications OPEN!
Meet our counselor!
¡Hola! Hagan una cita conmigo… Hey! set an appointment with me…
Les puedo ayudar en:
Con el español, por si necesitan practicar o estudiar
Matriculación en clases
Tutoría en el Programa de T&I de EVC
Info para transferirse
I can help you with...
Spanish if you need practice or just to study
Register for classes
Tutoring for T&I Program at EVC
No importa el tema, aquí estoy para servirles. No matter the topic, I am here to help you out.
Hagan la cita ¡HOY! Make an appointment TODAY!
Program Coordinator Office Hours
Clarifying policies (Public Charge, DACA, Health care, etc)
Reviewing scholarship applications
Applying for AB 540 applications
Basic Needs Resources
Letters of recommendation
I'm also here to just listen and chat about any random topic! :) I also have a dog and he would love to say hi! :)
I'll be available via Phone Call and Zoom video chat. Just let me know what you prefer! Book an appointment below.