Channelview ISD Elem Tech Tips
August 2016: Let's Get Digital!
Welcome back teachers!
School Wires: Your Teacher Website
School Wires is the platform used in Channelview ISD to showcase information about our district, our schools, our classrooms, and our students! While each school decides how to set up their School Wires website, there is one common theme, we need them and we need to keep them updated.
Check out these links below to get help getting started. And remember, this is our direct connection to our parents and our community, so we need to work diligently to ensure that our pages have the correct information, that our pages are clear and easy to follow, and that we keep our information up-to-date. See your campus administrator and campus webmaster for more details!
Need Help? http://help.schoolwires.com/Page/1450
Back to School Tasks for Teachers: http://help.schoolwires.com/page/1729
APPs Showroom: http://help.schoolwires.com/Page/1629
ClassDojo: Classroom Management Tool
ClassDojo is a beautiful, safe, and simple communication app for teachers, parents, and students.
* Teachers can encourage students for any skill, like “Working hard” and “Teamwork”
* Teachers can bring parents into the classroom experience by sharing photos, videos, and announcements
* Teachers can also safely and instantly message with any parent
* Parents see their child’s updates at home, as well as a stream of photos and videos from school
ClassDojo helps teachers build a positive classroom culture by encouraging students and communicating with parents.
ClassDojo is free for everyone, and K-12 teachers, parents, students, and school leaders in over 180 countries have joined. It works on all devices, like iPhones, iPads, tablets, phones, and smartboards.
Join the ClassDojo community today! www.classdojo.com
Checkout this ClassDojo Smore! https://www.smore.com/4ufxp
Remind: Announcement and Reminder Tool
* Real-time messaging for your school, group, or just a single person.
* Schedule reminders ahead of time.
* Send text messages straight to any phone.
* Translate messages into more than 70 languages.
* See who's read your messages and who's missing out.
* Plan important activities and collect funds—on time.
Join the Remind community today! www.remind.com
Seesaw: Digital Portfolio
Easily Capture Student Learning in Any Form
∙ Students can use photos, videos, drawings, text notes, links or PDFs to show what they know and store evidence in their digital portfolio. You can also import from 100s of other apps.
∙ When students add to Seesaw, content is uploaded, organized by student, and accessible from any device.
∙ Teachers can browse work from the entire class or for a single student. Optionally, use folders to organize work by subject area project, or assessment standard.
∙ Teachers can flag items in the digital portfolio for follow up or to review at parent-teacher conferences.
∙ Create a public webpage for your class and give students a global audience for their work using Seesaw Blogs!
Join the Seesaw community! web.seesaw.me
Need assistance setting up? http://help.seesaw.me/hc/en-us
GAFE: A Core Suite of Productivity Applications
What is GAFE?
Google Apps for Education (GAFE) is a core suite of productivity applications that Google offers to schools and educational institutions for FREE. These communication and collaboration apps include Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sites, and extensions. A GAFE account unlocks access to dozens of other collaborative tools supported by Google. All of these applications exists completely online (or in the cloud), meaning that all creations can be accessed from any device with an Internet connection. With Google Apps, teacher and students can communicate and collaborate using applications that allow everyone to work from any device on documents and projects.
- With Google Apps for Education, teachers and students can unlock Google’s apps with one login.
- With GAFE tools (Docs, Sheets, Slides, and more - ) we now have the ability to work from any device as well as share and collaborate.
- Because all Google Apps save to the cloud, teachers and students gain the flexibility to work from any computer or device.
- Students and teachers can seamlessly save work and collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously.
Need a tutorial? Check out these Google Help Videos! http://www.cvisd.org/Page/7743
*To access your Google Apps, be sure to login to Google.*